Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

are off-topic posts from other football forums kosher because loving hell

Never, ever venture onto a Devon-based forum's social chat. It's a leftie's nightmare :gonk:

I'll have a dig through Exeweb if I get bored at work and see what I can dredge up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

board needs a sticky reading "It's Peter loving Ridsdale" asap

Not gonna happen, the guy who owns it posted this:

pasoti posted:

Went to a St Luke Charity do last night at Home Park, they're all down this weekend, Synan, SRG, Todd and Tom Kristensen etc etc.

One of the people told me that the opening gambit of Ridsdale's presentation was to say that the incumbent board had got it wrong, the WC bid, the ground, the property deal was all of secondary importance to what happens on the pitch.

If the team is right, all the rest will follow.

I'm not going to pass anything else on (not that it was that interesting to be honest) but that opening gambit alone, leaves to me believe that whatever happens, Ridsdale has more football nous in his little finger than Toddy has in his entire body.

There was definitely an air of 'we will get through this' last night, not from the spin doctors, but people who genuinely believe it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Hey guys are you bored of Plymouth idiots yet? I'm not, it's funny as gently caress

pasoti posted:

I want to see Argyle play in the top division of English football. That's what we all aspire to when we first set out on the rocky road of supporting this club, isn't it? I remember my dad telling me at my first match that 'same old Argyle' had never reached the top flight, and I also remember thinking - as kids do - that it would be different in my lifetime. That somehow, something would happen on my watch to make me the lucky one, where my great-grandad, grandad and dad (so far) before me had missed out.

And yet 23 years later, we're 21 places further down the ladder than we were on that summer's day in 1987, in financial meltdown and further away from my dream than ever.

I look at Cardiff City and I see a club destined for the top flight - we all know it's going to happen sooner or later. That won't ever be Argyle if we continue the Ivor Dewdney approach; not being over-ambitious, living within our means, don't ruffle any feathers, know our place.

Well forgive me if I've had enough of that. We tried the softly, softly, organic approach and it got us the same place it always has in the past - nowhere. If Ridsdale can come in and annoy the p*ss out of us with his spin and false promises, I'll be able to live with it if he leaves us with a new stadium and playoff regulars in the Championship.

Call me a sell-out, I don't care. Seeing Argyle in the top flight of English football is one of the few things in life I would sell my soul to the devil for. If Peter Ridsdale is that devil, then so be it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

T. Finn posted:

The Diana line was way too unsubtle imho

Mail... subtle? Does not compute.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

What in the gently caress? If I hadn't just read that on their site I'd swear you were making it up :psyduck:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

Good evening. In less than a week, Argyle fans from here will join others from around the world. We will be launching the most difficult battle in football history.

PAFC -- that word should have new meaning for all of us in the next week.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that the date is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when all Argyle fans declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

We will soon celebrate OUR Independence Day!

Oh IJN, such a sycophant.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

I think both cases have been blown out of proportion, but that's just me, it's all pretty lame when applied to footballers on £50k+ a week.

They're rich so it's OK :waycool:

I unironically love racism debates with football fans, though sometimes it is akin to fighting an unarmed crippled baby with an AK.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

quote:

We all know by now that Suarez was using a term he can 'get away with' in Uruguay. Even though when people bring the colour of skin into a conversation, it becomes an issue of race, I think he was just having a dig at Evra, in the heat of the battle.
I was a little concerned at first, when I saw footage of Suarez, pinching Evra's skin, but that could be done in the same way as pulling his hair.
We all get called 'Gringo' and 'Blondito' in Latin America. I have been loads of times, and I spent 18 months out there. I have been to Uruguay, and have never come across any form of racism from anybody, on me, or on anyone else. To say Liverpool should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute is farcical. They are protecting the interests of their investment/player, and that is only natural. They would naturally have been less accommodating to him, if he had been deemed racist. He would have been sacked, long before he would have been charged.
Using the term 'Negro' and ' Negrito' is common-place out there, as are terms like mulatto, etc. They are not harmful terms when used correctly - they only become so, when people take it out of context, or when someone is bring racist, which I don't think Suarez was being.
My work colleague and my age (from Trinidad) uses the term 'negro' all the time. Does that make it OK for him to say it, but not OK for 'white man' me or the hispanic, olive skinned Suarez?

I love Devon to bits but holy gently caress is it ever far-right.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Breath Ray posted:

Arsenal Don't DESERVE Fourth? Thank God
I just read that the SZCZ doesn't believe Arsenal DESERVE to be outside the top four. I guess that means that's where we actually are then! Well that solves everything then!

I don't deserve to be earning less than six figures - just so you know boss. I also don't deserve to be dating anyone less anatomically pleasing than Jessica Alba - let it be. Finally I don't deserve to have anything other than a fine home-cooked meal prepared for me every night before I get home to said Alba-esque beauty. Done and done!

Thanks Wojciech I love your problem solving skills. You probably didn't deserve to get beaten for the third goal against Swansea either, I guess we can just cancel that out as well!
ArsenalAdam (I probably don't deserve to have this published either)

Haha, this is legitimately awesome

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Wario Tifo posted:

If he's been arrested for where's ur caravan comment it just goes to prove how pathetic this club is becoming ever since they got rid of "zoo corner" the atmosphere has been rubbish and imo bringing in a flag hasn't done nothing for it either and now arrests for alleged gypsy jokes r these sados going to complain when who's the wa**er in the gets shouted let's turn are club into a nice happy clappy no atmosphere club where chanting anything to the opposition will get u nicked or banned

Stay classy Argyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Holy poo poo how much more of a oval office can littlejohn get?

"Here lies Richard Littlejohn; oval office. Not someone who works as a oval office"