Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
crossposting. any of mine are from the Plymouth Argyle fansite pasoti.co.uk unless otherwise noticed

quote:

I think people need to chill. We need to prove to him we are a viable option as does he need to prove the same to us. He has a great business nature - fair enough some of his dealings have ended a little miserably but he gave Leeds Champions League football, got Cardiff a new stadium, and nearly got them up to the Prem. He knows the ins and outs of a football club, and will put us on the map. I think he deserves a chance, football at this level is very different to those days where money was perhaps easier to come by and 'obtain'. We are in the sh1t, I believe we could do a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
are off-topic posts from other football forums kosher because loving hell

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

pasoti.co.uk posted:

A glimer of positivity - in a couldren of depression.

I may have missed something, about Mr Ridsdale, and the comments of supporters.

I know he comes across as a bit of a 'Del Boy', but when he was at Leeds were they not in the Premiership? And at Cardiff, didnt he save them and take them to their new stadium?

He may have left a tangled mess in his trail, but those 2 clubs are going strong at this moment in time.

board needs a sticky reading "It's Peter loving Ridsdale" asap

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Not gonna happen, the guy who owns it posted this:

almost posted that one too. choking at the logic "well, he's put two different teams' existence in peril, and cost Barnsley Premier League outgoings in agent's fees while they were still midtable League One, but he's given us a nice empty soundbite. Ridsdale in"

We're completely hosed, should just throw in the towel and promote Kevin Hodges into the grown-ups chair again, let him get the old gang back together - Glen Crowe, Barrington Belgrave, Jason Peake, Phil Starbuck. Why stop there, literally bring back Dan Macauley to make THE CHAOS DEAL and finally deliver on his threats to end are club

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Hey guys are you bored of Plymouth idiots yet? I'm not, it's funny as gently caress

came here to quote this exact post. kill me. wrrrrrrrrrr

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
also the best possible band name ever

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chuggo posted:

sell your soul to ridsdale and things'll get nasty
just keep it hometown like ivor and his pasties

lmao if you haven't got a work-in-progress screenplay about the tensions in the Dewdney family over Ivor and Ron's rival companies and the battle for the key pitches outside Home Park.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Argyle fans obviously have good reason to be mad at England not getting the WC but really?

quote:

Well to me it's all the fault of those in the media who were hell bent on pursuing the corruption allegations.

They need to get in the real world.

What other country's media would do the same when their own, yes their own country is bidding?

Why couldn't they do this years ago, or next month or next year, or in 5 years time? It's ridiculous that they can strut around being proud of their freedom when the nation has lost the chance of a lifetime in staging this event in 'The Mother of Football'

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Jippa posted:

e- ^^^^ I'm guessing there will lots of material from all clubs. So it begins.

I reckon PASOTIs will go further and last longer though. We need to raise high six figure sums in 6 days to keep operating, and the current board are only involved with the club in the first place for the money that would have come from 2018, so they'll put gently caress all in.. and i'm sure Ridsdale's motivations were the same. Basically our club might be ended by the suicidal decision to Show David Cameron's Bloated Face To The World

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Bacon of the Sea posted:

For those not paying attention it was in fact Prince William rather than Prince Harry who was involved in the bid, seeing as he's president of the FA.

the charming story these quotes are referring to: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335107/WORLD-CUP-2018-Un-English-video-screened-FIFA-delegates.html

it'll be about 6 months at this rate until Paul Dacre actually lets his employees write about 'niggers'.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
found a topic on a Preston board about their signing of Wayne Brown - sacked from Leicester for voting BNP then announcing this to a crowded dressing room with several black players.

quote:

JD i think Brown is like everyone else and is fooked off with the open door immigration policy and being tret like a second class citizen in his own country . Unfortunately if you speak your mind your branded a racist . I dont give a fook what any one thinks, Britain is slowly getting turned into a Islamic nation and people like you are happy for it to happen

quote:

I happen to think personally that alot of their policies are spot on and would get my vote if they were associated with a racist pillok.

WB has voted for the party that he thinks represents his views the best. I dont hold anything against him for that. It's his right to do so.

I do have issues with idiots who force their relgious beliefs onto us and then when we tell them we dont agree we are branded racist. It's a crazy, crazy place to be in!

Thank god I live in Cumbria where religous and ethnic diversity exists more in the sheep on the hills than in the towns!!

quote:

But Britain IS slowly being turned into an Islamic nation. More and more muslims are being allowed to settle here and the ones that have/will settle here have very large families normally of 6,7,8 kids or more in some cases. You do the maths.

quote:

I'm with you dingle, we need to ban these over populating muslims and catholics. Down with weird religious types and up with Atheists.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Chuggo posted:

yeah i really wanna see leeds back up, one of my best friends is a leeds fan and it's just not the same without those matches every year

no chugs your supposed to put them in quote tags so we can differentiate them from your own opinions

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
There is literally nothing that can go wrong if we, Leeds United, gamble on paying big wages to 'name' players in order to ensure a particular league finish. Sort it out Ken!

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

I can't see any benefit at all to this Ridsdale out campaign.

We are truly in the poo, we are on the edge of the precipice, we are about to wander into non leaguedness (a new word).

What can he possibly do to make it any worse?

I'm not saying he's our white knight, but in the absence of anything else, I really don't see the problem.

The honest local directors (sic) have knowingly been part of a group of people who ordered the pitch, yet all of them, presumably were in possession of the fact, or let's put it this way, were pretty sure there were no funds to pay for it.

So, if this is the sort of thing that the Riddler gets up to, are we any worse off?

Whether we like it or not, we've entered a period of our history, where we've joined the Cardiffs, Ipswichs and Leicesters of this world.

I'd rather put up with that, that join the Accrington Stanleys, Aldershots or Newports of that other world.

agreed, 'Ridsdale Out' out

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Bland posted:

personally busting our guts with online petitions etc

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
you could of been up there with the likes of Gabbiadini,Rowell

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
agreed, Crooks in

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

SteadfastMeat posted:

would be an interesting change of pace from Gray at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYpzPZzrqA

i've seen this clip literally hundreds of times yet I watch it every time it's linked and never regret it. that half second nervous look to the camera from littlejohn is basically the pinnacle of Sky News

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

T. Finn posted:

lol what

don't quote your own posts

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

The lack of question marks in that second quote is really pissing me off

Does Moyes possess the man manager skills of a Harry Rednapp to get the best out of them

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Dirk Pitt posted:

From a Oklahoma Sooners forum I read.

I love the last paragraph so much.

if you didn't read this in the voice of jim ross then lol just lol

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
When Tories Post About Football Vol 1 (they all support Rangers obv):

quote:

[name] Is hopeful that a harmonious blend of equanimity and enthusiasm is compounded with a beautiful and elegant game of football, with Rangers vindicating their ignominious performances in times gone past by bludgeoning Celtic with a barrage of frenetic and creative attacking moves...no more buses to park, only the finesse and flair of the men in blue showing Scotland and the world where the real challenge lies.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
the real tragedy is that your average Australian has never even heard of one of their greatest modern sportsmen, Luke Schenscher

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

delicious beef posted:

It's the number 2 or 3 sport in a lot of continental Europe, but it's entirely a minority sport in Britain - the NBA is probably quite a bit less popular than the NFL.

The interesting thing is that roughly as many people in the UK play basketball as they do rugby, it's more popular in that sense than tennis, cricket etc by a long long way - it's just that nobody gives a poo poo about the professional game here or in the NBA where it's actually of a good standard.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ras Het posted:

Well why would you want to play rugby anyway, you'd have to spend time with utter utter scum and might get hurt too! Plus no one knows the rules, basketball is simple and fun.

this is entirely correct. Rugby is the worst sport enjoyed by the worst people, basketball owns. Problem is that the Worst People are good at getting sponsorship and general investment in the sport they like, one which literally got invented because toffs started :qq:ing about poors in Preston, Blackburn etc taking up football.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Ninpo posted:

Gotta love the Sky Sports match report comments.

Master of Dramatic Strikes :allears:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

TomSellek posted:

Aside from the fact I can't read most of the text I don't see whats so bad about that infographic

it's an 'infographic'. hope this helps

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

appledan posted:

i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert(probably kieran gibbs)

this is nearly as bad as when David Pleat mistook Djourou for Justin Hoyte... while he was playing for Switzerland

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

T. Finn posted:

This is from the LeBron James thread on RAWK which is the worst thread ever in the history of all forms of communication

he's right greg. fans from all over the world tune in to watch the larger than life superstars of the WWE.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Good riddance, did well when Wilkins was here but is it really a coincidence it went to poo poo exactly when he was sacked? Baffling decisions (subs, formations, team selection) and a reluctance to use youth whenever possible. If we get Villas Boas or Jurgen Klopp I'll be delighted, if we get any of the Dutchys I'd be gutted.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Carlo will go to Roma where they've come into a bit of money of late and he'll do well I would imagine. Glad he's gone however, terrible team selections, horrendous substitutions, baffling loss of form and most of all our fairly shite CL record with him in charge all accumulated to this. Looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

trem_two posted:

yessssss

sign some players who are good in the air to vary our play? nah mate, train them all to Jump Very High, because a gimmick bench player in the NBA can do it

that is loving amazing.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

Firstly to me this still has te potential to be "shady" to say te least. It puts Ridsdale in the forefront in the hope that no one asks any questions regarding the Irish.

IMHO this isn't obviously a bad thing. Ridsdale certainly didn't start out in football but is a genuine football person. In this fact Guilfoyle hasn't lied to us, he said there was a genuine interest in football. The property being separated from the club isn't obviously a bad thing, look at the deal PR negotiated for Cardiff, 100 years rent free.

The Irish have plans to redevelop, nowhere within the release does it say money from these developments WON'T come into the club. Nowhere does it say that we will be charged massive rents.

I think that people on here need to take a deep breath put it all into perspective and wait for more info to come out which will surely be more frequent from now on.

For now let's be happy with the fact that we have taken another step closer towards survival and actually being in the fixtures on the 16th of June.

quote:

People ask for transparancy, get it and then moan about the outcome! Football fans don't buy underperforming football clubs! At least Ridsdale is passionate about the game! Was there ever going to be a different outcome the minute Ridsdale first entered the boardroom?

quote:

Thank Christ - some rational thinking. Whatever next?

Ridsdale is a football man, and a very clever one at that. He's being given a chance to redeem and enhance his tarnished reputation.

I think PAFC will be the beneficiary of someone who has learnt from past mistakes, and is determined to shut a few people up.

You da man, Pete...

MURDER

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
winner

quote:

Posted by peter ridsdale on May 30th, 2011, 11:00

Your comments regarding my tenure in football is interesting if ill informed. I was a non executive director at Leeds United for ten years and then Chairman for five years. In five years as Chairman, Leeds United were never outside of the top five in the Premier League. We also achieved the semi final of the the UEFA Cup and The Champions League.The debt that Leeds had when I stepped down was not only manageable whilst Leeds remained in the Premier League but also not significant by comparison to debt levels at many Premier League Clubs today. Only the failure of the management after I left to keep Leeds in the Premier League saw the debt becoming a problem as it did at many established Premier League Clubs who were relegated eg Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton etc.
Barnsley were in Administration when I bought it, sorted out its historic football debt, built a team for little money that achieved promotion within sixteen months and I then sold it on for no profit to its current owner. It was in good financial health on my disposing of the Club rather than the situation it was in when I acquired it.
Cardiff City were on the brink of relegation and administration when I joined and had in excess of £30m of debt. In five years the debt was slashed, a new stadium built and became a balance sheet asset, a new training ground built,an FA Cup Final(first time since 1927) and a play off final reached. As Chairman I took them to 11th place, 7th place and 4th place in the Championship. As I had been asked to do, I then found new investors who acquired the Club in the summer of 2010. Cardiff City were never in danger of administration during that period as they had tax debts of less than £2m and playing squad assets in excess of £20m. In the five years that I was at Cardiff we brought in net transfer fees of £22m. As for Plymouth, I have no personal desire to own the Club and i don’t have mysterious backers. The Club is in administration and will close if someone doesn’t save it. If the Irish Consortium who are currently preferred bidders do complete they have said that they don’t initially want the football club. Under those circumstances I have offered to help.
I am prepared to put my individual track record in football management up to any scrutiny, particularly against inaccurate and biased commentary that is often peddled. Plymouth may not end up with me helping solve their problems. Unless they find a viable alternative however they may just be a Club that disappears out of the Football League.
I accept that football critique and banter is part and parcel of the game but lenghty commentary that is without factual accuracy continues to disappoint."

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
good news is that he might end up not being our new chairman.....

bad news is that this because the mystery Irish Consortium Ridsdale and his choice of administrator Brendan Guilfoyle bent over backward to secure preferred bidder status for above two other bids either have or are about to pull out because they either haven't got any money (!) or didn't realise there were league requirements to get your 'share' to take part each season (!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Paperhouse posted:

The game should not be stopped for goal keeper injuries, the goal keeper must removed from the field of play and an outfield player play in goal, and the goal keeper cannot return to the field until the ball goes out of play.

Pulis :smug:

quote:

Throw ins/corners must be taken by the closest member of the team the throw has been awarded to.

Pulis :f5:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
agreed, double-bagels out

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Minutemen - Double Bagels on the Dime

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle