Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=252674.msg6536730#msg6536730

quote:

While we are taking poems as inspiration and not being worried about their political origins. This poem would sum up the siege mentality of Rafa's situation for me.

There's an inner thing in every man,
Do you know this thing my friend?
It has withstood the blows of a million years,
And will do so to the end.

It was born when time did not exist,
And it grew up out of life,
It cut down evil's strangling vines,
Like a slashing searing knife.

It lit fires when fires were not,
And burnt the mind of man,
Tempering leandened hearts to steel,
From the time that time began.

It wept by the waters of Babylon,
And when all men were a loss,
It screeched in writhing agony,
And it hung bleeding from the Cross.

It died in Rome by lion and sword,
And in defiant cruel array,
When the deathly word was 'Spartacus'
Along the Appian Way.

It marched with Wat the Tyler's poor,
And frightened lord and king,
And it was emblazoned in their deathly stare,
As e'er a living thing.

It smiled in holy innocence,
Before conquistadors of old,
So meek and tame and unaware,
Of the deathly power of gold.

It burst forth through pitiful Paris streets,
And stormed the old Bastille,
And marched upon the serpent's head,
And crushed it 'neath its heel.

It died in blood on Buffalo Plains,
And starved by moons of rain,
Its heart was buried at Wounded Knee,
But it will come to rise again.

It screamed aloud by Kerry lakes,
As it was knelt upon the ground,
And it died in great defiance,
As they coldly shot it down.

It is found in every light of hope,
It knows no bounds nor space
It has risen in red and black and white,
It is there in every race.

It lies in the hearts of heroes dead,
It screams in tyrants' eyes,
It has reached the peak of mountains high,
It comes searing 'cross the skies.

It lights the dark of this prison cell,
It thunders forth its might,
It is 'the undauntable thought', my friend,
The thought that says 'I'm right!'

Does quoting bad lyrics count? This had me cringing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

cat scratch achiever posted:

is that the same guy who did these:

How could you leave out the titles?

"Rafa the White"

"Nandolas and Carragorn"

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=270237.msg8131431#msg8131431

KopThat posted:

Our cheque book proved he was a Red
Carroll, Carroll
35 million, gently caress me dead
Carroll, Carroll
He came from Newcastle on the train
Does anyone know if he can play the game?
Andy Carroll, Liverpool's No. 9

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=269923.msg8145777#msg8145777

Get posted:

Wish These two were up front Tonight but we will manage With Your new nr 7 :)

This isn't quite as dire, but still...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

I'm trying to work out what it is about Man Utd in particular that makes them racist

They got rid of their black guv'nor?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

quote:

I remember writing an email to that lovely zonal marking site about a year ago asking them to write an article about how one of the key aspects of Barcelona's tactics is the way they go down so easy whenever it looks like they're going to lose possession of the ball or the opposition are in a dangerous position. I reckon this tactic alone accounts for between 5-10% of their possession and stops god knows how many opportunities the opposition have to counter attack (which is vital against Barca). It would have been nice if zonal marking, with the resources they have available to them, could have done some in-depth research into this. Of course, I never heard back from them.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Brap's rant is funny because he honestly felt entitled to some response from a random website to his ultra-important opinion.

irlZaphod posted:

This owns :confused:

I thought it was cheesy.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jose posted:

How loving old is that?

I don't know. It popped up in my Tumblr feed today.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

T. Finn posted:

If i could put the entire LeBron James thread from RAWK here I would. loving hell.

It is sort of funny because I thought everyone knew who the guy was, but every other post in that thread is pretty much "who is this tall negro?"

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Robert Patrick posted:

it's almost like no-one outside of America cares about American sports

I get your point, but it's still funny when the guy is inescapable in my own country.

Plus, he's personally really popular in Asia (specifically China). The NBA also has a strong presence in countries like Australia, Brazil, and India, so it's not like he's soley an American phenomenon. The league are going to make a big push into Europe too, so we'll see how that works out.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Byolante posted:

Wait what?

Sport popularity in Australia goes:

AFL = NRL > Rugby = Cricket = Football > Netball = Basketball

The interest in basketball here is tiny to the point of it getting similar crowds to netball.

Is that interest in domestic basketball or NBA?

Maybe the article I read was blowing smoke.

Fine. I'm all wrong. No one watches basketball except Americans.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

epic bieberfied posted:

OMB, hee has some awesome #skills in soccer:) #justsayin…

ahhaa,

#skills #beast #SWAG (;

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A wonderful comment on a CNNSI article about Leonardo's job security at Inter...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/276630?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI#ixzz1JK4VZYGR

quote:

Who cares, it's soccer.

Soccer is played by many kids in the US only because it is CHEAP, not because it is their favorite sport.

You people are nuts.

Soccer is a joke and is incomprehensible.

Soccer will never be popular in the USA.

Even boring rear end baseball is better than soccer.

Womens basketball is better than soccer.

Elementary school dodge ball is better than soccer.

Soccer is the most popular sport in countries that either don't have other choices, are poverty stricken or both. All you need is some open space and a single ball. Think of the countries that don't fall under these categories and their favorite sports, USA - football, Japan - baseball, Canada - Hockey, Australia - Rugby. etc

Maybe he's trolling and I just don't get the joke.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

euroboy posted:

Did you ever read the "soccer" threads in GBS?

What are the soccer threads usually about, though? I find it really weird that someone would search out a specific story about club soccer that would only be of interest to a subset of fans just to launch some general attack on the sport as a whole.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

This might be a little too well done to fit, but...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You guys were right about the Guardian photoshop contests...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n_0H6oJii0

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Are these worthy of derision?

quote:

John_Lithgow John_Lithgow
lunch with old friend Tom Werner and presto! I'm a Liverpool fan!
11 May Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

quote:

Huge response from #Liverpool crowd. I guess I'll never walk alone.
11 May Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

quote:

Never EVER such a welcome mat thrown out! #YNWA must be some crowd. Hope to see #LFC live someday.
22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

T. Finn posted:

Hmm let's see what else I have in here...

*reaches into bag marked Absolute Shite*

(this is all in the Pics thread, best for last.)

I wish RAWK would just have a stupid transfer discussion thread so posters would have a place to talk about it instead of every single discussion become some way to try to circumvent the rule. It's rather silly.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

So true. SO TRUE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I don't think this is that bad, but others might get a kick out of it.

quote:

Mate, I am from Malaysia. Its just that I've always wanted to move to Liverpool and to actually feel a connection to the club, the community and local fanbase.

When I said I'm not English,I'm Scouse, it was just quoting what most Liverpudlians say.

As for the language, I usually use slang words like shite, mate, la , 'me' in place of 'my' and so on....

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOR1s16rn4

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

c0burn posted:

Thats loving bullshit. If they appoint a vile pig like Rafa they are alienating a big portion of the fans. People pay to support a team they can get behind, i physically hate Rafa Benitez and will stop watching football if he becomes our manager. I will also do what i can to voice my displeasure at Randy.

Rafa Benitez is a gutter swine piece of poo poo gently caress. He better stay the gently caress away from Villa.

Can't people just accept Rafa is a devisive person, can you just accept many of us utterly hate him and that for the good of villa and the fans we should just not appoint a manager the divides all from the start. We need a man we will alll get behind even if we didn't rate them. Coyle or Martinez are managers we'd give a chance too. Rafa will only get all my hatred if he was manager. He is such a horrible human being, and we'd be made to appoint another ex Liverpool failure.

It's nothing to do with what he's won. I just physically hate the man like most people on this planet do. I couldn't stomach the vile swine as thehead of our club. We are better than that. I'm seething with rage now just at the thought of him. I need to avoid this thread for awhile.

I won't boo my team or anything. I just couldn't bear to even think of that man as our manager. I hate him with such a pssion that it would equal my love of villa. I'd have to avoid football until he was gone.

drat. Does he actually give a reason for thinking he's a horrible human being?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

From that Villatalk site...

CVByrne posted:

I can,t imagine Randy would appoint Rafa, he wouldn't do that to us. You can't appoint a manager that so many people despise. I didn't hate Houllier by do detest to my utter core Rafa Benitez.

Randy won't do that to us.

Are people from Birmingham usually like this?

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 8, 2011

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://www.kickette.com/party-people-the-flying-dutchmen-go-wild/#IDComment161179432

Maria posted:

well its another Spain vs Neitherlands .. jaajjajaa .. (bad joke sorry) ...

I don't think married men should be out at the club .. without the wives knowing or being there...because you don't know what one girl would do ... & i hope the in few weeks / months ... we dont get a news .. saying some chick came out & said ... he rapped me ... i slept w/him .. & i'm pregnant with his baby... because I'm getting sick & tired of those cases ... it feels to me .. that every week somebody that is "famous" has a similar story ... (especially here in the USA ...) they just give women a bad name ...

BUT .. it's really is up to the couple if they are ok with their partner going out to a club with friends..

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Even if I "was" a glory hunter I'd gladly do so for Inter, I just want the best for my team. Assperini has done nothing in his career to signal he is the predigree of coach we deserve, and he will remain Assperini until he can show me he is tactically brilliant, innovative, compromising and most of all, actually win something...anything...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Chuggo posted:

tychan....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXW1dOrruk

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

From RAWK...

Farman posted:

Re: Glazer debt drains Manchester United
« Reply #2088 on: Today at 05:21:19 PM »

If you bring a pot of water to the boil, then stick a frog in it, the frog will jump straight back out. But if you put a frog in a pot of water, then bring it to the boil, the frog will happily stay in the pot until it dies. Interesting fact.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8oIwO_-Bkw

The Emirates Experience? Can someone translate this for me?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

http://pogoshift.tumblr.com/ posted:

Me and my guy friends, we did this when we were bored during school…. HAHA!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I’m really proud to support Manchester United and Liverpool. They’re the two most successful teams in England and I’ve supported them for just under a year now. Liverpool have won the European Cup more than any other English team and United have won the league more than any other team, which is just amazing.

Now I know this might upset some people, but Manchester United are the better team. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Liverpool, but I know they’re not as good. It’s just a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

8raz posted:

Epic troll.

I was about to erase this once I started poking around more of the site, but you guys already built on it. Oh well. Stupid me.

It is pretty funny, though.

quote:

I see Cesc and Thiago already hate each other. If I were Thiago, I’d hate Cesc too for stealing the number 4 from me. He really thinks he can just barge in and wear whatever number he likes. Thiago was there first so Cesc should have taken number 35 and shut up. Thiago is just going to suffer now because of Cesc being a prima donna.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 8, 2011