Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

i've seen this clip literally hundreds of times yet I watch it every time it's linked and never regret it. that half second nervous look to the camera from littlejohn is basically the pinnacle of Sky News

Even though I grew up listening to Slick Rick, hearing those words spoken in that accent is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

ephex posted:

Found this on an Inter Milan forum, it's how Inter Milan will beat Bayern on wednesday:

(forzainterforums.com)

To be fair, that is the only move Robben ever makes.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Ramsey is a oval office, too spinless and bitter to accept Ryan's apology. I hope he gets it so bad he's frightened off the pitch a la Commons and SWP

everyone take a twig in the ground and on exactly 10 minutes snap it in half

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

The name has loving "arse" in it and that's what he chooses to replace. Astounding.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

mang posted:

jesus

He makes a good point though. Champions League should be restricted to Barca, Man U, Milan and Dortmund, who all play each other simultaneously. With multiball.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

appledan posted:

As an Arsenal fan from the USA I would love to see nothing more than Clint Dempsey in an Arsenal jersey. I don't know if its even remotely possible, but I think he is exactly the type of player that could do Arsenal a ton of good.

This is hardly bad enough to warrant inclusion in this thread. I think even Arsene mentioned his name at one point last summer.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

jyrka posted:

My methodology was to think of a team that is the opposite of those descriptions. Then post the name of that team.

Yeah, you beat me to the punch, but as soon as I saw the one about being perceived as "good guys", I knew it had to be Leeds.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Surely that was just posted a day late?

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

If this thread just isn't enough for you, check out https://twitter.com/#!/RAWK_Meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Strawman posted:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444620104578006700850207498.html

The typical reaction when North
Americans buy a team is that they will bring deep
pockets, a commercial expertise and a disciplined
and professional management approach to clubs
that have had little of it—and that all of this will
translate to more wins.

"Manchester United's owners, the Glazer family, acquired control of the team in 2005 at a cost of $800 million. The club has since won four league titles, three league cups and a European title under manager Alex Ferguson, who basically does what he wants around Old Trafford."

The correlation=causation fallacy in that paragraph is astounding.