Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

https://www.facebook.com/rtesoccer/posts/117060258460322

Actually pleasantly surprised by the comments there, but bloody hell what a massively stupid question. Especially considering Duff did pretty well last season, too. It's not like he's massively improved this season. And why would anyone begrudge him for retiring after 100 caps?

It's more worrying that Ireland would still depend on 147 year old Damien Duff.

But yeah, 100 caps, does he really owe his country more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I really can't believe any united fans honestly thought Ronaldo was coming back.

It would be nice but nobody with a brain thought he really would.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TelekineticBear! posted:

So all man u fans thought he would??

Right thread lol.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Glorious.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Babby Thatcher posted:

anyone skimreading that, Taylor in central defence isn't Steven Taylor, who's not terrible and was v.highly rated as a youngster. It's Martin Taylor, best known for crocking Eduardo and generally being unable to cope with attackers who can move both legs in tandem and sometimes at speed

Mail one is actually miles worse though, only Richards and Walcott even made the England squad (with Sinclair the only other decent shout to do so one day)

Amos could be in with a shout. He's only 23, England's keepers are poo poo, etc. He will probably have to leave United to do it though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jre posted:

ah ha ha ha , that's loving precious. Someone who has no idea just how fast 10.33 is posting about athletics. 89 people ever have run sub 10, but I'm sure theres tons of school children running AAA standard times.

Sub 10 and 10.33 are not even in the same stratosphere in track and field to be fair, and there are probably a couple dozen kids in the US that can run in the 10.3-10.5 range.

The US high school 100m record is 10.01.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is incredible. Absolutely the right thread, but incredible.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I looked at it the first day and saw Hazard at 100 and Lampard at like 80-something and haven't looked at it since.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TelekineticBear! posted:

its actually jan vertonghen being included at all, and the notion that vidic is better than dante

Vertonghen is better than Lampard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eboracum posted:

New favourite post

I seldom agree with you but this is one of those times.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Hey guys, lifelong New York Yankees fan here

Have I got news for you.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I almost want to say wrong thread.

It reminds me of the Setanta Mourinho puppet sketches.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T. Finninho posted:

lol unironically kill these people, loving DZ SiBoT

I got down to "expected goals methodology" and closed the tab.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mods rename me the master passer 94.5%

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:suicide:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

euroboy posted:

This is perhaps my favorite thing about the new era of Manchester United. They are already as desperate as everyone else (Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool) to finish fourth just so they can get the much ridiculed Wenger Cup. Six months of David Moyes and fourth place is already a trophy :D

Most United fans know nothing besides success and they don't know how to deal with it and it's brilliant. I'm quite enjoying this as a plastic football fan in a country surrounded by hundreds of thousands of plastic United fans that know nothing else but gloating and smugness.

Right thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, wrong thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

peanut- posted:

This post actually owns but I'm not sure where else to put it.

Incredible.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol, poor Steven "kick a ball from 12 yards and run off whipping your shirt around your head like you've just won the world cup when actually you just barely managed to scrape three points against a side who is going to be relegated" Gerrard.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Calm down lads.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

8raz posted:

...lol

I feel like all of those posts, mine included are appropriate for this thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cart Cam posted:

I get that it's a joke and all but I legit haven't met a single person who actually rates Townsend.

Well you haven't met Roy Hodgson.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Red Star Baldgreg posted:

EAT A DICK SHRAPNAC

Wow.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jre posted:

In response to first league defeat of season

Lol aren't they walking the league by like 30 points?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Am I incorrect in saying this picture is in both the right and wrong thread at the same time?

And it's definitely the first time it has been posted in either thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I kind of want to say wrong thread because it was for charity but fans of boy bands are stupid as hell.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I feel a bit ashamed that I don't get it. :ughh:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Loenardo DiCaprio keeps failing to win an Oscar.

Oh ok, I get it now.

Also *almost* lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone probably spent hours on this.

Hours.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Whenever someone links a youtube in this thread I immediately cringe so I don't even bother clicking on it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

I know it's April 1st and all, but I would believe this on any other day of the year

Yeah, that one is definitely believable.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

It's pretty much drummed into them from day one in school, isn't it?

Yeah, it's weird looking back on it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What about our national identity is weird? Not really disputing anything I'm just not sure I'm following the conversation.

Think back on it and tell me saying the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school isn't weird.

Or do they still do that in court as well?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And I don't think they ever said the pledge of allegiance in court?

I seem to recall they had but obviously you would know better than me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS

It's loving terrifying.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm actually considering stopping reading this thread because it makes me irrationally angry.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Azerban posted:

Zyklon = Cyclone

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

belgend posted:

wow, that loving ronaldo gif has a watermark now? weve gone far

I just image searched it and posted the first one that was small enough to upload from imgur

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The punctuation makes me want to murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Which of the images mark's do you have a problem with?

Your next !