Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Barthez, what a lovely twat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I lolled.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Is he that guy with HIV?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

with no morals

except for the crisps

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Player for player,i think we have a better first team.Our keeper is heads and shoulders above theirs,as is our defence,none of theirs would get into our first choice 11,midfield..Scholes is better then Xavi,Fletcher better then any of their defensive midfielders and Anderson and Carrick are up their with Iniesta,not to mention our top class wingers we have.Then our foward line,Rooney is better then Villa by a distance in my book.Only Messi could be considered better then any of what we have in my opinion.Anyone else agree or disagree?
A joke, but a pretty poor one.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I hate Roy Hodgson. Stupid twat.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Maybe it would catch on.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Smart fella.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

sticksy posted:

The news of Charlie Adam's signing has left me horizontal with delight.

The naysayers will be laughing, as has been easy to do at Liverpool for a while, but that might be the last laugh they have.

Adam will be worth countless points to Liverpool this season. He is part of a rare breed of midfielders that controls the tempo of the game. He is very strong on the ball, and has great vision for the pass. Further, being a Scot, he is the type of player who loves the cold and ice of England. This will be particularly useful in those Dec-Jan-Feb months when teams just need to keep the wins ticking over. Couple this signing with Kenny's 'win each game' attitude and I think we shall see a wonderful mix of strong defending and 'Hollywood' style play from Liverpool this season. He probably won't win you a Champs League, but we aint in one. An absolutely perfect Premier League signing.

Now, with Adam pulling the strings in the midfield and with the indefatigable Lucas alongside him breaking up attack after attack, expect plenty of goals in this Liverpool side. With no Champs League or Europa to tire the squad out, I think we will win around 23-25 games this season - enough to put us in the title race.

Charlie Adam might just be the most important signing in 20 years.
Hard to argue with this lad.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

'Tis true though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Let's discuss female goalies instead.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Statistics prove that Poulsen is a better player than Lucas imo.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

What? Most people are idiots?!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I might be cynical, but I can't really feel bad for people who choose to fight in a silly war and manage to get killed in the process. I feel for their families though.

Also, they way he/she/they are talking about Gary Speed is pretty pathetic.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The vast majority will be there due to a combination of economic hardship and propaganda.
Valid point. I was hungry and a bit angry when I made that post.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

If you think RAWK is insane, you haven't tried some of the other Liverpool forums. RAWK is actually quite sane by comparison.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I guess you didn't get it then.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Gotta love Barton.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I'd be bitter too if I hadn't had an erection for 30 years.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Haha, Kewell, that was a sad state of affairs.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Wasn't there another match this season or late last season (possibly also involving Blackburn?) where the team had 0 shots? I seem to remember that stat, about it being a first for the Premier League) being bandied about anyway. Might have been just 0 on target or something.
I remember a match between Liverpool v Sunderland (I think) at Anfield, where there was something like 26-0 shots on target.

Ended 0-0, of course.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Wasn't us, at least not as far back as I can remember.
Just checked it. It was against Sunderland in 2003.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Scholes ran around like a small kid in the school playground, as he has tended to do for most of his career in big games. The art of finding space and time against West Bromwich is completely different to finding space and time against some of the top clubs in Europe. Add to that his customary and clumsy fouling, and one wonders how anybody has the audacity to compare his career to that of Xabi and Iniesta.
This is pretty much spot on.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

All the people who think that Paul Scholes is the equal or better of Xavi, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso are dumb as gently caress.

People such as Xavi, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso.
When the media asks you a question about a certain player, you usually say something nice about them - unless you're a proper oval office.

That comment about Scholes actually made me think back, and, yes, that's the same impression I have of him. He goes missing a lof of times against proper sides. Wonder why.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Selective memory and confirmation bias probably. Scholes doesn't go missing against good sides any more than the majority of other players, and has often been very good in important games.
Source?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Scott Bakula posted:

I can't tell if thats a joke or really that stupid
It's a joke.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

'Tis eerily familiar.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Please don't remind us.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

That's wisdom right there.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Well, he's right about Arsenal lacking that 'special' aura and their fear of poaching.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

funny nonetheless

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Byolante posted:

Well he did that promotional tour with Geert Wilders and Skrewdriver

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

wrong thread

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

hahaha that's amazing

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I love Fergie's confused run to the pitch, where he decides to abuse the UEFA officials. That's a ban quite frankly.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

He's right though, Giggs is a oval office. You're nitpicking tbh.

e: wrong thread FFS!

Xabi fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 25, 2013

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

He starts out quite insane but his conclusion is spot on. I don't know what to believe.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

He might not give a crud, but he will fight and win.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Wrong thread.