Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh hecc, Ill make sure I try flipping the selector when I get back from vaca. I.. I really should read the user manual at some point :negative:

E: That was absolutely it, thanks. Reversed into my driveway and remembered to try flipping the mirror selector after I realized the mirror hadnt moved. Soon as I did it angled down. Merci!

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Gamesguy posted:

Pedals are heavier than I'm used to, car just feels heavy and this is coming from another electric SUV. It's an amazing highway cruiser though - especially with the self driving features. Couple of little annoyances here and there, getting a little bit of regret that I didn't go for the BMW iX. I didn't think I would miss the performance but now I kinda am.

And yeah everything defaulting to a certain setting is annoying(like drive settings and recuperation settings), and the stupid profile login thing that doesn't recognize my fingerprint or my voice is also annoying. It's not quite a pre-drive checklist but there's like 3-4 settings I have to toggle before driving.

Also is there seriously no way to activate auto brake hold without stomping on the brakes like I'm trying to squash someone? Every other car I had turned it on automatically if you stopped for more than a second or two.

Good lord, I havent had a chance to play with an EQS until now - on the one I just checked, activating the parking feature always called up the last used camera setting for it. I switched between the auto, 45 degree and front, each time it went back to the previously selected one. The backup camera always defaulted to the front/rear view.

Hold feature seemed to need speed and pressure, if I press slow and hard it wont come on but if I give the pedal a quick jab it didnt need too much pressure.

Hope this helps, sorry about the delay.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Just found out my s600 is now in the hands of a 19 year old instagram influencer. At least she's fixing it up. Miss that hooptie. 😪

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Hello Merc goons. On the scale of 1 to insane, how dumb is it to be thinking about one of the first gen US g wagons, an M113 engined one? Winterish daily slash maybe tow a little bit, but I assume its not a like mega hauler type of tow vehicle, maybe a miata on a trailer?

Alternatively I have read the thread title and maybe I should be looking at the G55 instead of G500?

I also have half a foot in the door of thinking about an E400/450 W213 4matic wagon

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

TheBacon posted:

Hello Merc goons. On the scale of 1 to insane, how dumb is it to be thinking about one of the first gen US g wagons, an M113 engined one? Winterish daily slash maybe tow a little bit, but I assume its not a like mega hauler type of tow vehicle, maybe a miata on a trailer?

Alternatively I have read the thread title and maybe I should be looking at the G55 instead of G500?

I also have half a foot in the door of thinking about an E400/450 W213 4matic wagon

Whos going to do the work on the G? I.e. will you be doing the work, or will you be paying somebody?

Do you have another car, or will you be relying on the G for transportation?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

morothar posted:

Whos going to do the work on the G? I.e. will you be doing the work, or will you be paying somebody?

Do you have another car, or will you be relying on the G for transportation?

I would do some of the work, more major things I would probably take to a shop. I would absolutely have other vehicles so if it needs to sit for a month waiting for a part or whatever I would be fine. Although they will also be older german cars, so I could get hit with like a triple whammy I suppose.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Speaking of W213 wagons, our 2020 wagon is due for the B service. It's still under warranty, but am I right to think that the only difference between the A service and the B service is the addition of a brake flush and cabin filter replacement? Trying to square the price at the dealer versus an independent since it's still under warranty.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

Just found out my s600 is now in the hands of a 19 year old instagram influencer. At least she's fixing it up. Miss that hooptie. 😪

Link please!

For science, of course.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Residency Evil posted:

Speaking of W213 wagons, our 2020 wagon is due for the B service. It's still under warranty, but am I right to think that the only difference between the A service and the B service is the addition of a brake flush and cabin filter replacement? Trying to square the price at the dealer versus an independent since it's still under warranty.

A and B service are supposed to be minor and major services regardless but Mercedes really mixed things up and now on some cars the A Service is the big one.

If I were you Id read out the service data (check YouTube for how to get into the service reset menu) which will tell you exactly what your car is due for in a series of numbered items. (2 is B service, 3 is oil change, 4 is brake fluid, 8 is engine air filter, 10 is sunroof service, 12 is spark plugs, 15 is trailer hitch and 20 is transmission service) so you can get an accurate quote.

At 3 years you may or may not be due for spark plugs and air filters. Brake fluid is due every 2 years. Your car has a dust filter under the hood and a cabin filter under the glove box, both of those will be due at the B service.

Frank Dillinger fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 6, 2023

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

How do y'all feel about the new C63 AMG?

On the one hand, it's obviously very fast and they put a lot of work in making it drive fast. It's a cool concept of a performance hybrid that really seems to make use of electric motors for making it go fast. And of course, given that there's less and less sports cars to buy in Europe, it's something.

On the other hand, you pay 110k euros for an A45 plus some electric motors which are pretty much the same anywhere. So really, the price is just them extracting consumer rents. And then, it apparently sounds like rear end even with the speakers blasting synthetic engine noise on full.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Extremely, unfathomably lame imo, the entire point of the original c63 was a loud rear end muscle car, I have no desire for an AMG with a lil babby 2.0T, regardless of how fast it is. Cliched, but No replacement for displacement imo. Why not just get an electric car if you want an overcomplicated bad sounding sports sedan?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
C63 hasnt sounded good since they stopped making the 6.3 V8. That being said, this new engine has some whiz bang F1 electric turbo stuff going which should be interesting.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Theyre loading it up with features too to make up for the lack of the V8 I think. It has rear wheel steering, air suspension, etc. which is also going to drive up the price further.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
Also unfortunately there is talk of subscription features coming which are currently being tested in smaller markets but will be here as well at some point. Rear wheel steering may be part of that, along with certain driver assist features and engine/motor power levels.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

It's actually 150k Euros instead of 110k Euros. They have lost their mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I have had it almost a year now but hey Mission Accomplished

I love how rowdy and ridiculous it is at all times. Thankfully it drives more competently than you might otherwise suspect.