Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4steve
Aug 21, 2009

Wynter posted:

The Utili-Key

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been after a thing just like it for months but couldn't find anything at a reasonable price.

I would totally recommend a fixed monthly budget strategy to anyone. Split your wages into 3 chunks on a spreadsheet; a chunk to live off (allow for a few luxuries), a chunk to pay your bills, and a chunk to go into a savings account. I've gone from owing £3k on credit cards and overdrafts to being well in the black after 10 months of doing this and I don't earn a lot. The great thing is the savings I've got effectively replace the need to have a credit card. So yeah, spreadsheets are awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4steve
Aug 21, 2009

Butt Savage posted:

Can you please share the template that you use to do this? I'm pretty bad at making spreadsheets. :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?p3h3de3r6n137e8

I based it off one I downloaded but I cut it down so it's really simple and fits my mental ability and spending habits. I put the spare money into my savings account as soon as my cheque clears, otherwise I'd be buying crap I don't need all the time.

• Locked thread