Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wynter
Aug 18, 2005

Chillaxeing
I got one of these about 6 years ago and it's the most useful thing I own:

The Utili-Key - I have the 6-in-1 and it's been fantastic and very discreet in places where a folding multi-tool might be unwelcome. I was eyeing the 8-in-1 with the wire strippers/cutters as a gift idea for a friend this year. Not always easy to use, you have to be careful where you grab it for some things (like the bottle opener and the flat head screwdriver bit, b/c of the blade), but extremely helpful in a pinch.

A great travel tool, too. Never an issue at any security checkpoint, when it's on a keyring and locked it just looks like a weird, long key. Not that it's exactly a threat, it's not like it's any more dangerous than a key really - you couldn't really cut anyone effectively with the knife except as a last resort. There's too much crap poking out in awkward places to grip it easily and it folds in to cleave fingers. But it's awesome for when you can't carry your less awkward but more legally objectionable Leatherman or pocket multi-tool of choice.

Only ever been noticed in one checkpoint - of all places at the World of Coca-Cola. They let it slide, but they did catch it and ask about it. Those guys were sharp, must be all the free Original Cocaine Recipe sample shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wynter
Aug 18, 2005

Chillaxeing
Well, now the the topic of shoes has come up...

I hate shoe buying. I usually have just the one pair and I wear them until they collapse. I used to have a dress pair and a pair of sneakers, but in the last few years I've taken to just getting business-acceptable comfortable leather shoes and using them all-purpose.

My last two pairs have been the same style of Merrell loafers and while I was really impressed with the first pair's durability and comfort, the second have lasted me barely over a year. So I'm looking for recommendations for a new brand.

I'm looking for comfortable, durable, shoes that are suitable for casual and business-dress use. I looked at Rockports and they do look/feel nice, but they are priced like limited edition Nikes and I'm not sure if they hold up to their hype.

Any suggestions?

• Locked thread