Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.
Any backpack recommendations? It doesn't need to be a laptop bag as I don't own a laptop and don't plan to anytime soon.

I've been eyeballing http://ogio.com/backpacks/metro and http://www.dakine.com/p/packs/street-packs/guys/101 but after reading reviews the build quality is seems to be lovely on both. Something along the lines of those but with the build quality of chrome or timbuk2 without the awful colors or awkward style would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.

Red Crown posted:

I am looking for a watch. My old wristwatch disappeared into oblivion so I'm looking to expand. I'm hoping to find a durable digital watch with a timer for under 100 dollars; additionally I'm curious about pocket watches and would be interested in a nice, very durable one in the same price range.

Timex ironman and casio g shocks.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

One Swell Foop posted:

Duluth Trading make a few bags out of firehose canvas (or ballistic nylon) and leather. Just search their site for 'bag', I can't direct link to the search page.

e: one possibility

Their firehose canvas sucks rear end. I've ordered several things from these guys and they advertise it as being 5 times tougher than duck, and the poo poo will have holes in it within a couple weeks of work and I've got dickies jeans I picked up for 5 dollars lasting longer in work conditions and they can't touch carhartt.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

The Aphasian posted:

Thanks for the counter-review. The bag I'm looking at is leather with canvas interior. Was the quality of the assembly poor too, or was the firehose material just over-hyped?

The only thing I've bought from them was a vest made out of the 11oz stuff and it's poo poo. I liked the design but the pattern sucked, I'm 240lbs and the thing was way too short and way, way too wide. The assembly quality wasn't all that impressive either. It just felt and looked cheap.

This is what I bought

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/hooded-vest-fire-hose-hooded-framers-vest-82007.aspx?kw=vest&processor=content

Holes started appearing in the canvas pretty rapidly, within a couple of weeks, which is even worse considering it's a vest so it's not even receiving close to the abuse my pants would receive at work, made out of a material that was a fifth of the price they charge for their canvas. The flannel lining felt like cheap felt. Their stuff is poo poo and it's overpriced poo poo at that.

I went into buying a few of their products really wanting to like them as they've got some neat stuff but the quality of their products is piss poor.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

Gyshall posted:

- A bookbag or messenger bag with room for a small netbook and a bunch of other IT equipment (some spare cables, thumb drives, headphones, cell phone, etc.) Hopefully something that looks good/stylish and is functional.

I just picked up a bag from these guys and really like it so far.

http://www.dakine.com/p/packs/street-packs/guys/network

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

EAT DOG TODAYYYY posted:

I'm looking for a small pocket knife that I could use while camping or to open boxes and jewel cases without looking like a nimrod.

Before anyone recommends Spyderco, I'm looking for something a little more traditional looking.

Any good brands or specific knives any of you would recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/Bessey-D-BKWH-Quick-Change-Folding-Utility/dp/B000G7TLQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1319226894&sr=1-1

Dirt cheap and you can just throw in a new blade whenever it starts to get dull.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
Can anyone recommend a good steam cleaner for household use?

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

lidnsya posted:

I recently started a new job that has me walking around and using stairs all day. Sometimes on concrete or hard tiles. My feet are killing me by the end of the day.

So does anyone have a recommendation for a good shoe for this? Thanks!

Thorogood's are fantastic for this.

http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNavCategory.cfm?rootID=1&catid=137

It requires no break in period which is great and the vibram soles work great for flat surfaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005

GoodCleanFun posted:

Darn Tough socks are the truth.

These are fantastic, and they have a no questions asked replacement policy. Whenever they get worn out or your dog eats them, just send them in and they'll send you a new pair.

• Locked thread