Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

TenementFunster posted:

okay why isn't there a US release of the Macross Plus bluray? I mean, they could put "STARING BREAKING BAD'S BRYAN CRANSTON" on the loving box for poo poo's sake

Supposedly the only reason Macross Plus was ever released in the U.S. was some sort of loophole that saved the company involved from having to placate (read: pay off) Harmony Gold at the time. I imagine that might not necessarily be the case right now, and you'd have to renegotiate everything to include BD rights anyway.

wielder fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

Harmony Gold did trademark the term "Macross" in the US, so that trademark would need to be licensed. Last I checked, shouldn't Manga Ent. still have the distribution rights? Surely they know a Macross Plus bluray would be a strong seller. From the screenshots I've seen of the BD rip, it looks amazing.

But that's the issue...Harmony Gold probably isn't going to license that trademark for cheap, which means an extra cost.

Manga Ent. or anyone else would have to deal with them, in addition to whatever the Japanese ask for the BD rights.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

I was pining over macross Frontier today. There's no version of the blu ray that has English subs is there?

Not for the TV series. But one of the releases for the films did include English subtitles.

See:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-18/macross-frontier-film-box-adds-new-footage-english-subtitles

• Locked thread