Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
I wouldn't mind a mononoke and bebop bluray release.

Also, I definitely want a Haibane Renmei bluray release. I think they have it in Japan already but it's a super special limited edition or something that costs a ridiculous amount of money.

edit:
yep 264 bucks:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...ved=0CCUQ8wIwAg

Oh and a Kara no Kyoukai Bluray with a reworked movie 5 so the drawing isn't poo poo.

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Guyver posted:

Good news! You don't have to pay $600. Bad news! It'll be $400.

hahahaha.

God drat 400 bucks? That's 50 bucks a movie and it's unknown if they're going to improve some of the sucky drawing and provide quality translation and not have atrocious box art.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

serebralassazin posted:

:negative: God drat it, I have been hoping for a bluray release of KnK and then they pull this poo poo. I would buy it without a second thought for $200 (albeit with bitching). Hope Right Stuf offers a discount after its been out for a bit.

Watch them pull the "There's only a limited collector's edition version" poo poo.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

TheFluff posted:

(japanese version, but as far as I can tell the US version will be basically identical except cheaper and including a translation leaflet for the artbook)

That's fine as long as it stays that way. It's still too expensive though.

Nate RFB posted:

What's weirder to me is when American releases go out of their way to change the box art, though I think this is a larger problem with video games. loving ICO.

Exactly what I was thinking about. The ICO US box art was terrible compared the the awesome Japanese/Euro boxart.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

twinight posted:

You dudes here might want to know about this.

Paging TheFluff for further explanation for idiots like me. :ohdear:

Welp. Whatever, I'm not spending 400 bucks on that BD box anyway. It also doesn't look like they worked on improving the animation and drawing either.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

Just ordered Redline, Cowboy bebop movie, and Girl who leapt through time. Cannot wait to finally watch Girl, after reading everyone in this thread talk about it. Also very excited about Redline.

TGWLTT is a great movie with fantastic art. I only saw it in dvd quality I think and it'll look fantastic in bluray quality.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
How were the UK remasters in terms of image quality? I kind of want to get bebop in bluray but worried funimation will screw something up... Also want some of those extras too like the art books.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
Be aware if you got the amazon version, the case may have some cracks/damage. I'm hearing amazon will give back 25% or something like that. My case is broken so I might go ahead and do it assuming the discs aren't defective.

Apparently funimation version may also have issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
apparently some movies have subtitles which are literal translations of the Japanese, going by the existing BD that are out now. Thats lame if true.

• Locked thread