Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferretts
Dec 16, 2009

Mason Dixon posted:

I have Paprika, Eva 1.11, Gunslinger Girls s1 & s2...

What do you think of Gunslinger Girl S1 transfer and how heavily would you recommend buying it if you already have the DVD set? I'd already have those other two, but I'm holding out for a complete Rebuild special edition BR box set and a complete works of Satoshi Kon BR box set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferretts
Dec 16, 2009

This is an old link, but is there any more news/confirmation that Wolf and Spice II will get a Blu Ray release?

Ferretts
Dec 16, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Really? You don't look at the DVD Vs Bluray and realise what an oversaturated mess the DVD was?
To me it's a vast improvement and might finally get me to watch through the whole series (I've owned it on DVD for... 5 years now? go figure). But I think I see where (s)he might be coming from. Consider what a BR remastering of Boogiepop Phantom might do to the shows atmosphere. I'm not sure if clarity and sharper images would do it any service.

Ferretts
Dec 16, 2009

TheFluff posted:

Don't buy that. It's a terrible blurred and warpsharped release that actually has less detail than the (japanese) DVD's. It's probably better than the old R1 DVD's but that's only because those are so incredibly terrible, like most anime DVD's from that era.

I appreciate the head's up Fluff and all, but it feels like you just took a steaming poo poo on my day. FLCL was among the first on my shelf, and at $25 x 3 / 6 (ignoring tax and shipping) was the most I've ever spent per episode, and I'd do it again. I wanted it to be the first of many Blu-ray... And it was releasing right before my birthday... and... :smith:.

Here's hoping for a US (or comprehensibly subtitled) Utena release.

• Locked thread