Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AzraelNewtype posted:

Well here's something to look forward to.

More importantly than this, I'd assume a DYRL? transfer cannot be too far behind!!
Does that mean it comes with a copy of "Perfect Memory"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Re capture errors - I'm afraid what you linked are issues that were there even on the source material for the first one and the second isn't a capture error but a fix to a tape that was drastically out of sync that had to be lifted from the TV eps. We were supplied no moving video for that portion so the authoring house had to patch in under a minute of DVD footage and yes it shows - but it beats no movement at all and being stuck on that frame.
LMAO. This physical media thing is hard.

ultimatemegax posted:

Funimation will take the video masters from Sunrise and do their own encoding (which tends to have different brightness levels than the JP equipment) and those will be authored onto the NA BDs. It'll have different quality (and likely worse due to differing brightness levels). This is pretty much standard for Funi and Viz (as of late).

It's like they really don't want people to buy these things.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 22, 2014

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Valsu posted:

Those of you that kickstarted Bubblegum Crisis should be receiving your copies in the mail shortly, if you haven't already. I got my copy today. I haven't popped it into watch it yet, but the packaging looks nice.
I got one of the "weird cards" and bonus patch Robert mentioned in one of the emails he sent out. Here's a pic I snapped earlier today.

Backer names are on the inside and outside covers of each volume(they're reversible). Definitely a cool addition to my collection.

That's a pretty awesome set.

• Locked thread