Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
:negative: God drat it, I have been hoping for a bluray release of KnK and then they pull this poo poo. I would buy it without a second thought for $200 (albeit with bitching). Hope Right Stuf offers a discount after its been out for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

TheFluff posted:

Don't buy that. It's a terrible blurred and warpsharped release that actually has less detail than the (japanese) DVD's. It's probably better than the old R1 DVD's but that's only because those are so incredibly terrible, like most anime DVD's from that era.

That sucks, I have the original collector's edition DVDs and was looking to upgrade. Still might $30 isn't terrible and those DVDs do look mighty rear end compared to stuff later on.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

twinight posted:

You dudes here might want to know about this.

Paging TheFluff for further explanation for idiots like me. :ohdear:

Wow, seriously. That is like a kick to the balls when you buy it. A drat shame cause the DVD art looked good, proper Bluray treatment would have been phenomenal.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

doomisland posted:

All the Disney rips look amazing. I was watching Beauty and the Beast and it looked amazing too. I'll probably actually pick that up and Nausicaa. Also Eva is out in a week~

I ordered Nausica and Eva from anime corner store and they shipped already. In case you don't want to wait.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Oh jesus christ, hopefully this doesn't turn into a kara no kyoukai price situation. Still bitter about that. Love that series.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Just came here to post the same poo poo, man if this news is legit this will be a nice Christmas present to myself.

Crunchyroll article

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
While not being Kara no Kyoukai stupid expensive, it's still up there. If the whole series was $150 I would jump on it.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Does anyone know if UFO table gets a cut of Blu-ray/DVD sales?

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
This was posted in the summer thread but figured I would post it here as well. Yesterday at Otakon Funimation and Sentai picked up a bunch of older Bandai licenses. Most notably, Funimation picked up Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne. They are planning to release Bebop next year on Blu-ray.

Funimation grabbed:

Cowboy Bebop
Escaflowne
Outlaw Star
Witch Hunter Robin
My Hime
My Otome 0 ~S.ifr~
My Otome Zwei
Code Geass Akito the Exiled
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion + Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Angel Links
Crest of the Stars
Banner of the Stars
Banner of the Stars II
Passage of the Stars - Birth

Sentai Grabbed:

Sacred Seven
The Big O
The Big O Season 2
Argento Soma
S-cry-ed
z-mind
zegapain
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space
Infinite Ryvius
Kurokami
Brain Powered
Overman King Gainer

serebralassazin fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 11, 2013

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
If you're in the US then you may want to wait. Funimation acquired the rights to Cowboy Bebop and are going to put out a Bluray set (later this year I believe but I could be wrong).

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

OZC posted:

That's their plan, though someone recently asked them the status of the Sunrise stuff they picked up and they said they hadn't gotten materials for most of the shows, so it's hard to say if they'll still have it out by the end of the year.

That sucks. Didn't they have a teaser of some sorts at a con not too long ago for Cowboy Bebop? Hopefully, it is one of the shows they got materials for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
One day we will get to listen to Kanno's Escaflowne soundtrack in lossless audio, hopefully with awesome remastered video. However, I won't even lie if they just cleaned it up a bit and upscaled it with remastered the audio I'd buy it.

• Locked thread