Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was looking into getting the Casshern sins Bluray since it was possibly the prettiest series I have ever seen, but I heard something horrible about the US release on the amazon reviews.

Amazon Review posted:

The packaging for this is nice. The extras follow your standard anime path of passing of things like subtitles, commercials for other products and the opening and closing credits (which are available at the start and end of every episode) as bonus material. Outside of that, there's not much. However, that's not why I rated it 2/5. Nearly every black line in an image (ie things like the outline of a character) has a really weird black glow coming from it that bleeds into the surrounding content. For other shows this might not be a problem since most modern shows use fairly thin lines, but the visual style that Casshern uses exaggerated line thickness, which really draws a lot of attention to the lines, making it near impossible to notice all of the glowing and the bleeding of colors that results from it. This really ruins the visual aspect of the show for me as it shows up in every scene. .

This issue wasn't present in the Japanese television broadcast nor was it in the Japanese BDs so this is purely Funi messing up. I love the series and purchased this out of support for something I initially watched via less than legal methods, but I can't really recommend this unless you want to support Funimation and don't care about the quality of product you receive or you've resigned yourself to buy this but actually watch the one of the non messed up editions, which can be obtained in a variety of methods that shall go unnamed.

Can anyone confirm that the US Casshern release is awful, or can I still hope to get it because maybe it's just that guys lovely player/TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread