Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Do the FLCL blu rays look good? So far all I have is Cowboy Bebop, Redline, and Paprika which all look great and I'm thinking of getting FLCL but I don't wanna get burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Thanks, now I can grab them without worrying about it. Reading about some of the "bad" anime blu-rays in this thread had me sort of worried.

DamnGlitch posted:

IIRC there are and they are, as a result of the original animation process, upscales.

But they are very good looking upscales. I just rewatched them over xmas and they looked fantastic as soon as I turned off the bullshit 120hz TV motion filter.

I don't understand this motion filter thing that's on TVs now. Every time I go to my parents they have it turned on again and it makes everything look really weird and surreal to me. Like it reduces normal human movements to a weird mess and I can't figure out the point of it.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Weird, I've never tried it with video games. I think on my parents TV it's called TrueMotion or something. That's the same thing right?

• Locked thread