Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I'll end up getting it because I don't have the dvd version and it's so cheap anyway. However it's still really disappointing to hear.

This is exactly why I bought it.
I was a little :smith: when I opened the case and only the disc was inside. I always feel that way for bare bones releases like this, even though the price makes it pretty obvious that it would be the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

If you backed the Time of Eve kickstarter, you should be getting your blu-rays pretty soon 'cause I just got mine.

I got mine today, as well. It looks amazing. It's also pretty cool to see my name listed in the Special Thanks inserts that came with it.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

I don't have any exact examples from Mononoke on hand, but it pretty much works like this:

The literal translation is the exact translation of what is being said in Japanese. The one "English subtitle" track is likely just a closed caption of the dub track, which is different from the literal translation because it is localized for English speakers.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

Those of you that kickstarted Bubblegum Crisis should be receiving your copies in the mail shortly, if you haven't already. I got my copy today. I haven't popped it into watch it yet, but the packaging looks nice.
I got one of the "weird cards" and bonus patch Robert mentioned in one of the emails he sent out. Here's a pic I snapped earlier today.

Backer names are on the inside and outside covers of each volume(they're reversible). Definitely a cool addition to my collection.

• Locked thread