Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So I was pretty excited to read that Fate/Zero's coming out on Bluray.
http://www.fatezerousa.com/product-blu-ray-box-set-1.php
Too bad it's going the Gurren Lagann route and is loving expensive. Granted it's not like, $700 like Gurren Lagann but still. $150.
Oh and Roberta's Blood Trail comes out tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ultimatemegax posted:

Japan and the US do share a region, but most, if not all, Japanese anime blu-rays are region free anyways.

drat, if I knew that I'd have imported the Cowboy Bebop Blurays sooner!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
While Amazon is still telling me to expect my copy of Evangelion 3.33 to arrive Wednesday, blu-Ray.com has it listed for the 18th of February. Funimation did say that they were pushing the release back because people wanted to see it(?) but at least it's in theaters in Seattle. Not sure if I'll go though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It kinda sucks how Blu-ray is more delicate than DVDs somehow. I popped out Eva 2.22 to have on while I clean my apartment and the thing won't read in places. I've kept it in the book I keep my discs in and it ended up having a weird ring on the edges. I tried putting in my copy of End of Evangelion just to see if it's the PS4 but that still plays just fine despite being in the same book for several years and being in worse condition in general. Also holy poo poo the picture quality of End of Eva is terrible.

edit: Now it hates the Cowboy Bebop movie blu ray but not the extended version of the Hobbit. I think my PS4 is trying to torture me.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 9, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Not that it means anything but there is a Nadia bluray set coming out in a few months so maybe there's hope for Eva to get the same treatment.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope they get around to releasing the Gunbuster and Diebuster series on bluray too. The movies look good on bluray. Especially Diebuster (which I'm watching now since it cooperates with my PS4)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AzraelNewtype posted:

They already did.

Holy poo poo you're right!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...5324S6KHFY40FRN

Bring this to the states, whoever!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like a huge dork now because I found the group that distributed the Gunbuster 2 OVAs last May and emailed them asking if they had plans for the blu ray versions. Considering their schizophrenic catalog http://discotekmedia.com/store.htm I doubt it'll happen but whatever, I'm on a Gunbuster kick right now.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 9, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DamnGlitch posted:

If you haven't watched the Gunbuster blurays you really owe it to yourself to watch them. Since it's unlicensed, just track down a copy. The rip on bakabt even has the unmatted episode 6 for interest sake (the ending is hosed up and you can see soooo many missing limbs that they didn't bother to finish full frame.)

It would be nice to see a domestic release but I think it'd be a hard sell being 25 years old. drat kids.

You're definitely right about the quality on the blu-ray set for Gunbuster. I'm pretty sure I found the exact release you have.

Oh yeah, and Discotek sent me a reply

quote:

Hi we are considering it

Thank you
classy :v:

e: One more thing. There's HD versions of the two Gurren Lagann movies on iTunes. Which isn't too bad considering the alternative.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 10, 2014

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/vot7P8N-eylctUHU8I/browse/item/102701/4/0/0

Rightstuff's got Gurren Lagann movies 1&2 up for preorder on bluray. Maybe we're finally getting close to not having to spend nearly $1000 for the series?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

Is there a quality bluray release of Diebuster? Best I can tell only the Gunbuster v Diebuster movie is on blu ray?

There's a set of both series in Japan.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I guess Anime Limited couldn't escape the curse of Aniplex for long, they just put up the first volume of Kill La Kill for preorder, £60 for nine episodes lolololol.
There might be a regular edition 'late 2015' double el oh el.

Be glad you got nine. The US was four episodes for $60. Maybe even more.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Amazon exclusive Cowboy Bebop extras have been revealed.
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/15/cowboy-bebop-amazon-exclusive-details/

quote:

Release date: 12/16/14
Includes:
Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
140 page black and white art book featuring concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop‘s origins
48 page vibrant, full-color art book
It's priced at $69 as opposed to the $99 it was at before.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Funimation's exclusive Cowboy Bebop bonuses have been listed.

quote:

Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
Exclusive Limited Edition tri-fold packaging in the style of a vintage record cover
Display easel for packaging
Four exclusive art cards
One additional exclusive art card with foil-stamp autograph from series director Shinichiro Watanabe
- See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/22/cowboy-bebop-funimation-exclusive-details/
It's also cheaper than Amazon at the moment. I'm sticking with Amazon though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Watamote was released this week. Cringe all over again in glorious High Definition!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good News: Space Dandy's finally being released on Blu-Ray. Bad News: It's only the first season so far in February.
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/11/17/live-out-your-wildest-fantasies-with-these-space-dandy-premium-edition-releases/

FUNimation Exclusive

Amazon Exclusive

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Amazon seems to hate Funimation. I ordered Black Lagoon on blu ray from them and the case arrived as a jigsaw puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heads up if you ordered Darker than Black from Rightstuf your order may have already shipped. It's supposed to come out the 26th but I'm getting it Tuesday :chanpop:

• Locked thread