Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
I have an Acer p235H that I really like and was looking around last night to grab another. It appears to have been discontinued :( I don't understand why, it seemed pretty popular and I'm pretty sure it was released in 2009.

I want to run dual monitors but not having two of the same might drive me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

DrDork posted:

Many companies update their lineups on a yearly basis, so it's not uncommon for something in 2009 to not be in production anymore, even if it is/was wildly popular. See: Dell's U2209WA. That said, without calibration, it's unlikely you'd have gotten the "matching" you wanted without substantial effort. Over time the CCFL in monitors fade (which is one of the big advantages of LED backlights), and as a cheap TN panel, uniformity and QA are generally rather low. That all combines to make it probable that the picture produced by one you picked up today would be noticeably different from the picture produced by the one you've had for almost two years now. So in that sense you're not really losing much by going with a different monitor.

My suggestion is if you can't find one on eBay or something, just find one that has a similar enough looking bezel so at least that part matches pretty well.

I may just hold off for a while, right now I have a 19" viewsonic that I use. It's just there for web browsing/mumble etc while I game on the other. The two being completely different irks me but I'd rather wait and get two of the same monitors then buy a different Acer and have it almost be the same. Probably sounds incredibly stupid but now that I have a steady job and am no longer a poor college student I want my stuff to be shiny and perfect!