Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007

Hibame posted:

I currently have a 1905FP from around six years ago as my only and main monitor (first lcd too). It has served me well in games and everything I have asked it to do. But being in college all the computers have 24 inch dells, some even have two! Going back to my 19 inch just makes everything cramped when working now. Looking up my 1905FP I now see that it is not as amazing as I once had thought with a 20ms response time among other things.

So now I am looking to upgrade to possibly a U3011. With that I have a few questions:
Is the dell site still the best place to order from?
How often does dell put the monitors on sale?
Should I wait for a sale?
Or should I really just save my money and get something else?

Dell has it on sale for ~$1034 after X$0SQC0B7J0JBN as a coupon. Should include tax and S&H. Great time to pick one up. This is as cheap as I've seen them go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007
Worked for me, try this link for the U3011:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=224-9949

The code expires at the end of the month, so I guess you would have a little time to decide whether to pull the trigger or not.

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007
Just call Dell up and ask. They matched the difference for me when I called the day I received my monitor and a better deal came up. It can't hurt.

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007
Also got My PG279Q from Amazon today. Same backlight bleed issues as the others reviewed and the upper half of the screen has a much warmer color temperature than the lower half. Manufactured in September. Back to Amazon it goes.

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007
The XB271HU is the updated version of the Acer with the same panel as the Asus PG279Q if you can find any of them in stock.

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007

Danith posted:

Opps, XB. To use G-Sync, I should have vsync off in games right?

I think you also have to turn on Gsync in the Nvidia control panel too.

Did you get the XB271HU? I thought the older 270 was a bit cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjdmyo
Jan 10, 2007
The Dell AW3420DW is on sale on Amazon today for $850. Would you guys recommend this over the LG34GP83A-B at the same price? As far as I can see, the LG has a newer panel with higher refresh and is slightly faster but with no G-Sync module. Should I go with the Dell just for the 3 year warranty over the LG? Anyone have experience with returning monitors on Amazon if there are dead pixels?