Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

I spotted a used ColorMunki on ebay for $100. Is there any reason I'd ever need a new one or would it work forever?

Truga posted:

colormunki works great for me
used one should work the same as a new one
Yeah, pretty much. I have a ColorMunki Display that I think I bought around 2012 and it still works fine, and the design is supposed to be more resistant to aging and drift. A used one in good condition should likely still work the same way a new one would if you're mainly looking to get better colour accuracy and consistency across different screens/devices, and you're not concerned about having the absolute highest accuracy possible (since you need extra equipment to even check things like that). I personally bought a cheap spectro a couple of years ago to start making corrections for my Colormunki on different screen types, but I don't know if the Colormunki itself has changed much in its readings since I originally got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU