Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
So is it safe to use a lens wipe on an LCD monitor? It says just not to use it on plasma screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
If I plan on getting a 7800x3d AMD CPU with a 4070 should I be getting a 2k monitor or 4k? I would like the size of my monitor to be 32' inches but I don't know if those specs would support 4k very well and even if they mildly do and I had to downgrade to 2k on a 4k monitor would it look like rear end?

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007

PC LOAD LETTER posted:

If you need as close to 144hz+ as possible all the time for your games a 2k monitor would be the way to go.

If you're fine with 60hz or less on modern games that are hardware intensive and care more about the ppi for the size then 4k.

I use a 2k 144hz 32" monitor myself, with a viewing distance of ~30", and I think it looks fine but ymmv.

A 2k 32" monitor PPI would be around a 24" 1080p monitor FWIW.

https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-pixel-density/

Is there a typical good recommendation for 2k 144hz 32" monitors? I'm okay with 60 FPS as long as it's steady and doesn't jump around.