Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
What would you choose between

Odyssey G9 49’

or

LG UltraGear 45GR95QE-B

Going to use a 7900XTX, so performance shouldn’t be an issue.

Doing my 4-5’th year hw upgrade. Currently I’m using an old AOC 3440x1440 ‘34@60hz. Really like the 21:9 for work and gaming, but I would like something larger & OLED. If I could get an Odyssey OLED ‘40+ 21:9 I would probably get that.

Love the look of the G9 OLED, but is the 32:9 a bit too excessive? Also it seems many games aren’t supporting it.

Planning on stacking my old monitor above the new, and both with mount arms.

If you have any alternative ideas, please recommend them :)

Work is mostly coding and IT ops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Branch Nvidian posted:

Have you seen either in person? I have the 45GR95QE and it's very large. There is also the issue of the low PPI, which doesn't bother me at all but some people say they have serious screen door effect with it. If possible check local Best Buys or other stores that might have it on display so you can actually see it.

Living in Denmark, no Best Buys here sadly.
Seems no physical stores have the LG in stock or for display locally.

I have measured everything, and the size shouldn’t be an issue for my office or desk.

Regarding the PPI - I’ve read the same, and I really don’t think it’s an issue. I will not be that close to the monitor, and most people have said the same that they aren’t noticing it.