Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have a toshiba DLP tv - 62HM196, that I am using as a monitor.

The only options I have on the tv, as far as aspect or zoom is Natural and Theater, with Full being greyed out.

When I try native resolution(1920 x 1080) it overscans outside the display range. The only resolution I can seem to run properly is 1768 x 992. Nvidia resizing is no help.

Does anyone have some advice on this matter? I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Fecal Jesus posted:

If there is no option to disable overscan in the regular TV menu try using the service menu:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=883214

If there's no option there to disable overscan you just have to set the resolution lower like you already have, pretty much nothing you can do.

Thanks for this. Now I need to figure out what the cryptic variables in the service menu mean. Atleast I was able to center the screen on my resolution with HPOS and VPOS. Know where I could find the values? The service manual isn't helping at all.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Roving Reporter posted:

Sadly, I think my old 22" Samsung TN is on its way out. It takes awhile for it to return from sleep with really dim...lackluster colors, then gets bright over 15-20 seconds. Compare that to my Dell U2311H, which is instantly on and bright. Sometimes my TN even returns from sleep with a blank white screen that only a power cycle fixes.

Sadly, no $$ for a replacement now, so here's to my eventual monitor fire. :shepface:

Then you can truly live my imagined dreams of pissing on my computer(monitor).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jan posted:

Swapping gems on a 30", that is how I roll.

Pop some puzzle quest on there, I'll be jealous. Promise.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jan posted:

Just gave Serious Sam 3 a go in 2560x1600 on High/Ultra settings and it's smooth as silk on my old HD5870... Not bad at all.

STOP PLAYING THESE NEW FANGLED GAMES. I WANT TO SEE LEISURE SUIT LARRY 2, NOW!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seriously, newegg always comes in 1-3 days. Why the gently caress would anyone wait 3 weeks?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I would expect maybe MAYBE a custom built computer to take three weeks to get to me. But, the fact that I can build a computer in a few hours, not taking into account that I'm not a huge computer franchise with all the parts already at my disposal, just sort of blows my mind.

Is the monitor like ALL THE WAY IN BACK, at the center, and they have to ship everything else before they can get to it?

Were you even given the option to pay more to get it faster? (Albeit, that's loving stupid). Edit: Nevermind, overnight? HAHAHAHAHA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

I usually spring for the extra overnight options whenever I make a big purchase. This was a little low-ball, but man I wanted to shred some games on it this weekend. Must be an awesome monitor that is hand built by highly trained Dell artisans.

I brought up the custom computer angle with him, too. Fact is: this is probably the least customized thing I can buy from them. Gah!

Well, I mean, this is something I would see from Sears. You know, because they don't really sell computer parts, and if they do, it's from a third party source. My friend recently had a Sears gift card, so he wanted to get a gtx580. They told him like 2-3 weeks, so he sold the gift card and got one on Amazon much faster. I never ever purchase anything from Dell, I had just hoped being so large they could keep better track of inventory. Seeing what kind of tech support, and horrible trash PCs they give to my employer, I've never had a very high opinion of them. In fact I've offered to build and service our company poo poo myself, seeing as how it's so much easier.