Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Portable monitors are kind of a minor hobby of mine, and I can tell you that when I was using an 11" touchscreen portable monitor as a secondary the touchscreen worked, but was oriented on the main monitor. That is, if I tried to touch something on the actual touchscreen monitor Windows instead registered it on the main monitor. I didn't put any time into troubleshooting this because I quickly found 11" too small for my purposes, and now use 16:10 15" non-touchscreen portable monitors as my secondary displays.
Perfect timing :) I was just looking at some portable monitors. Have you used larger 14 and 15" ones?

I don't really need one but I thought it could be neat and have several different uses: extra monitor for the desktop (in addition to the main 27" 144hz and older 23" 1080) when at home, (very rare) business trips, and "digital nomading" from hotels, camps, RVs, etc. I saw two interesting options so far:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006111326351.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006148869714.html

Theoretically the larger 4K screen would be more useful as it'd fit more information which is great for cramming more work stuff. But I'm not sure 15.6" 4k would be usable at 100%, and using scaling would defeat the purpose and cost like 80% for no reason. Don't really need touch.

E: poo poo the 14" is only 2160px wide that be a little too narrow. The 4K is the same PPI as my 2560x1600 10" laptop which is just barely usable with 125% scaling. Hmm.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU