Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Gaius Baltar posted:

The time has come.

Dell 23" U2311H 1920x1080 IPS LCD - $199.99 shipped + sales tax

I bought this monitor for $285 last week. Enjoy your awesome deals you jerks.

I just pulled the trigger cause I saw it on Slickdeals. $212 with tax in IL.

Edit: I think I accidentally overdrafted my checking account while doing it. poo poo. Forgot my primary on Paypal was my checking account rather than my CC. (I'm dumb)

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Lief posted:

Any idea how long this deal will last? Can I wait a week or two to pull the trigger you think?

No, I don't think this deal will last until sunrise.

Edit: 172 remaining, 828 sold.

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 7, 2011

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
I ordered my U2311H from that eBay deal on 1/07 and got it today. Oddly enough on the status tracking it says in production with estimated delivery of 1/17, what the hell.

Anyways, holy poo poo it's awesome. The colors are much better than my laptop LCD and way better than my old VGA 19".

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Anyone have U2311H calibration settings I can jack? Eyeballing stuff takes effort.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Dell Outlet has refurbished U2711 and U2412M on sale with $XJK7B0L6Q0BDW (25% off)

http://content.dell.com/us/en/dfh/d/campaigns/5_days_of_dell_outlet_deals_dfh.aspx?dgc=SM&cid=63952&lid=1991912

Refurb U2711 comes out to be $569 without taxes.
Refurb U2412M is $239 without taxes.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

unpronounceable posted:

Meanwhile, in Canada, the U2410 is $200 off, and sitting at $400+tax.
http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/days_of_deals?c=ca&l=en

Almost the same in the U.S. but for the U2412M.

$399.99 - $100 = $299.99, even better deal if you still have the 10% coupon left Dell sent a little ways back.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=320-2676&~ck=baynoteSearch

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
So, I bought a refurbished U2711 a couple of days ago, and I am having second thoughts about it since the shipment got delayed (oddly enough refurbs get delayed too). Is it worth the $600 gamble for the refurbished?

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
My refurb U2711 is here. Is there any logistics I need to do?

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Factory Factory posted:

Color calibrate it and don't drop it?

Excellent.

I'm more intrigued by the touch or heat sensitive buttons right now than the display itself. I can't go back to my U2311H now!

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Holy gently caress is right. I just had to do some major detective work to get the order number from my monitor.

1. Dig up monitor box
2. Find that shipping sticker had another sticker over it.
3. Take a photo and use photoshop to enhance! to find the tracking number.
4. Put tracking number in FedEx to find order number.

Because apparently giving them the serial number of my monitor is not enough.

Oh, sweet. The service tag is on the box. My U2711 is Rev A08, is that a good revision?

Edit: Just entered the serivce tag online at Dell. It says:

System Type: Display U2711
Ship Date: 7/14/2011

Description Provider Start Date End Date Days Left
Next Business Day Parts Delivery DELL 7/15/2012 7/14/2014 729
Next Business Day Parts Delivery DELL 7/14/2011 7/14/2012 216

Do I get to inherit this warranty if I bought this refurbished?

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 12, 2011

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Anyone return poo poo to Dell before? Did they make you pay the restocking fee?

Also, I called support earlier. I had a question about my refurbished monitor warranty and it took them 2 hours to find me the page on the Dell website that said 90 days. Obviously I knew from outside sources it was 90 days, but never in the whole process of purchasing it did I see that 90 day figure posted on the outlet website, even on the U2711 refurbished product page or when I added it to cart.

I raised hell with them because plastered all over the Dell Outlet (dell.com/outlet) store is the "same as new limited hardware warranty". For a whole 2 hours they were explaining to me their internal application says 90 days, yet it took them til the end of 2 hours to find me the page on the Dell website (hidden away where a regular customer purchasing something can't see) that says 90 day warranty ("excuse me sir give me more minutes to search this for you" :psyduck:). Apparently when they mean same as new warranty for outlet products, they just mean you get the same service. I feel like that is some very controversial false advertisement there.

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 16, 2011

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
If you recently bought a refurbished monitor from Dell, try calling them to return it. Explain to them you were confused about the warranty (actually any reason would work). The drone from India offered me a $60 refund to keep my U2711, which would have made my out of pocket price $540. But after the horrendous customer service I received, all from India, I don't want anything from Dell.

They are quick to offer me $60 to keep it, but I insisted on returning it and they didn't waive the restocking fee until the supervisor got involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Could a U2412M flickering cause a person to have dizziness and vertigo?