Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

blackhydra866 posted:

I'm planning on cleaning both my LCD monitors for the first time.. it says a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water is recommended in the OP, is this what most of you guys use? I use Hanns-G and Emachines monitors.. can't find documentation anywhere.

Also, are things like this of any use?

I've had good luck with iKlear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Pzykotic posted:

Along the same lines... what exactly is "Catleap"? A brand? The name of the technology? If it's a brand, what's Yamakasi? Does it mean "Cat leap" in Korean?

I am now fascinated by my Korean monitor.

I think it's a brand that gets seconds of panels originally intended for 27" iMacs and puts them in enclosures and sells 'em

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Graphics cards do only 30bit AFAIK, the monitor probably too, and usually it requires to buy the workstation version of that, like NV Quadro or AMD FirePro. I'm certain that NVidia kneecapped their consumer cards in that regard, not sure with AMD. And it requires application support, too.

Supposedly some firepros starting with the v7350 support 40 and 48 bit color. It's hard to find info on it though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Anyone know how good or bad the input lag is on the u2515h? My googling skills are failing me. Doesn't seem to be on displaylag.com

emdash fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 25, 2015

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Are there any more IPS G-sync monitors known to be on the horizon? I'm really put off by the QC issues with the Acer, ease of RMAs notwithstanding

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
LG 24GM77-B for $270--worth? https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lg-24gm77-b-full-hd-led-gaming-monitor

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I got a u2715h. It's wonderful. Is there any downside/potential harm to leaving it on fast (response time) mode all the time?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

xthetenth posted:

If you don't see overshoot, there's no reason to stop.

Basically you'll know it if you see it (weird colors around fast motion).

i can see the overshoot. does this mean it's reducing the monitor's lifespan, or is it just cosmetically unpleasant?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Are there any recommended DisplayPort cable brands? I'm looking for a 10ft DisplayPort cable to run a 1080p monitor at 240Hz (Acer XB252Q). AmazonBasics reviews say it won't work, Monoprice reviews say theirs won't work, random brands have reviews saying theirs won't work. Who do I buy from?

edit: the certified product database found me one manufacturer so far that sells to consumers, $27 for the cable, now to keep looking

if you didn't find what you're looking for, it seems like the key words would be 8k/60hz, so https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...layport+8k+60hz for $13 might be appropriate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tha_Joker_GAmer posted:

What does the .bek mean here?

27GP850P-B vs 27GP850P-B.BEK

Couldn't find a single thing on google about it.

UK model I think https://www.lg.com/uk/support/product-support/cs-27GP850P-B.BEK/

On the US site there is .AUS version, and and .AAU for Australia