Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Oh god. I just submitted an order for a U2412M to compliment my 22" LG TN display. What have you all made me do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Jan posted:

Wait until you decide you need a 30" display to live. :laugh:

I was on the fence about it...my buddy has the Ultra Sharp 30" on his desk and it's glorious.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

incoherent posted:

just picked mine up from newegg will call.

:staredog: The brightness (and I have a U2410 for my work monitor!)

I cancelled my order with Dell because with overnight shipping it was going to take three weeks to reach me. They were a little reluctant to listen to why I was bothered by this. I want it now, dammit!

I ordered a new one from an eBay seller and it should arrive this coming week. Can't wait!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Kazvall posted:

Seriously, newegg always comes in 1-3 days. Why the gently caress would anyone wait 3 weeks?

I was in disbelief. The dude I chatted with repeated over and over that "there is no delay in the order, we will e-mail you once it ships!" gently caress that. Three weeks to get a monitor? The eBay seller sold it guaranteed new for cheap with free shipping due next week.

Dell must have some insane demand right now or just the shittiest loving order fulfillment yet. </bitch>

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Kazvall posted:

Were you even given the option to pay more to get it faster? (Albeit, that's loving stupid). Edit: Nevermind, overnight? HAHAHAHAHA.

I usually spring for the extra overnight options whenever I make a big purchase. This was a little low-ball, but man I wanted to shred some games on it this weekend. Must be an awesome monitor that is hand built by highly trained Dell artisans.

I brought up the custom computer angle with him, too. Fact is: this is probably the least customized thing I can buy from them. Gah!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

DrDork posted:

And say what you want about their PC lineup, their monitors are fantastic.

It was a tough conversation with their service staff. I understand their monitors to be top-notch and I really want one, but how can I get one when they operate like a mid 90's Sears or JC Penney catalog? I'll be filling out removable order forms and sending them in with a check...everything will be hand written...oh god.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
The dude I bought it from instead just e-mailed me to double-check my address and gave me a tracking number. It's 11pm MST on a Sunday and that poo poo is handled. Dell: your monitors are apparently awesome, but you're facing some stiff competition in terms of service!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Factory Factory posted:

I think you're overreacting to an opinion that superficially resembles that which you hate.

Absolutely. Slow down, man, we just want things to watch things on and it was a neat idea.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Who makes good multi-monitor stands and wall mounts? The OP briefly mentions Monoprice and Ergotron, is there anyone else to look at? I'm looking for a dual monitor stand for either 20" or 22" Dell screens.

I'm eyeballing this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Monitor-Stand-clamp-monitors/dp/B002R9HQLI/ref=zg_bs_490624011_1

Loads of good reviews, fits my needs, and affordable.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Received my U2412M today. Turned the default bright way down. Very happy with it so far and very happy with my LG Flatron L227WTG still, great TN monitor imo. Going to grab some monitor arms and put the old 22" in portrait next to my new Dell.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Oh my god, this monitor is bright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Anal Tributary posted:

I have mine at like 35 brightness/75 contrast. Some site I used for color calibration recommended it, and it's really nice on the eyes.

I have my brightness all the way down to 25 at this point. It's quite pleasant. Pretty sweet that they decided to build a 2,000,000 candle power backlight into this thing.