Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Here's Dave Baumann, the 5800 series product manager, somewhat on the issue at hand:

quote:

While there are Six TMDS/DP transmitters, there are only 2 clock sources on the ASIC. The issue with legacy display is that they all need their own clock generator - as soon as you plug in two DVI/VGA/HDMI you run out of clock sources. DP can time multiple outputs from a single clock generator.

Goddamn my reading comprehension is terrible. Even after he came back to correct himself. You're completely correct about the context.
VVVVVVVVV

averox fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

David Tennant posted:

it has a stupid red stripe

Whoa hold on now. I heard the red stripe aids in color gamut, helps produce faster color, and brighter sound.

I don't own the U2410 but I have to agree that unless that P-IPS panel shows some serious advantages to the S-IPS you're giving up a whole lot. I doubt Asus has a free advanced RMA service like Dell does.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

AlmightyPants posted:

I was told this. However, last year I tried a couple of brand spanking new LCDs and the ghosting was horrific. So I have my doubts.

Unfortunately ghosting is massively subjective. It probably doesn't help that you're used to no ghosting from a CRT so the little that it does happen probably bothers the hell out of you.