Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I would say that's about as good as you're going to get the cheaper display to match up to the better quality IPS in the iMac.

That's just the nature of the beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advion
Jul 25, 2005

movax posted:

That and you've got two different backlights with vastly different emissions; ideally if sRGB mode was supported on the other panel, you'd have a shot at getting 'em to match up, but I doubt the Asus exposes the large number of settings you'd have to tweak. The graphics card might though.

Keep the second monitor doing video/not displaying white Finder windows, you'll notice the difference less ;)

Indeed I didn't want to go into too much detail since I assumed it was already covered/point was made.

I'm in the same boat as him until I get another U2410 because I've got a 2007WFP next to it and the U2410 is so drat bright and sexy.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

CRAYON posted:

Today I discovered that Windows 10 has a monitor calibration tool so I decided to try it out. I'm actually pretty pleased with the results but it has caused my brain to wonder what the display could look like if I got one of those fancy calibration tools. Is there a thread recommended device? I really know absolutely nothing about these things.

When I was working on photos every day I just rented one every once in a while to double check accuracy or when I got a new monitor.

I only have experience with LensRentals but here are some options.

https://www.borrowlenses.com/product/ColorMunki_calibrator
https://www.lensrentals.com/rent/other-photo/accessories/calibration