Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I've taken to using f.lux to turn the color temperature down to 3400K all the time. Obviously this isn't an option for people doing color-sensitive work, but it has gone a long way towards reducing my eyestrain from staring at dual 20" all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Gaza posted:

Is 16:9 really that much worse than 16:10 or is this some sort of joke that went over my head?

Yes.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Another eyefinity question I haven't been able to find a definitive answer for. At some point in the future, I will be upgrading to two 1080p monitors for my desktop. I will also be running hdmi over cat6 to run connection to my receiver across the room, for potential gaming on the couch with surround.

I understand the connection requirements, but does eyefinity support having one pair of monitors mirrored (primary and tv) along with the second desktop monitor in extended?

vvvv sweet, thanks! vvvv

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 6, 2011

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Anyone know when the U2412 was introduced? I'm saving up to upgrade my monitors but if the U2414 is around the corner, I can wait a bit longer if it's due for a refresh.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just sold my old 24" cinema display to some dude on craigslist and ordered two U2412Ms, plus I get free 2nd day shipping. :hellyeah:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

The Batman posted:

The Dell U2412M is on sale for $264.99 at Amazon right now.

Well gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I have been extremely happy with the U2412Ms I got last week, get one (or two!). They really are fantastic monitors. Only game I've been playing is Far Cry 3, but I can't tell of any input lag, etc. Then again as people have said, IPS is probably perfectly fine unless you're a L337 CS PROGAMER who still hangs on to his CRT.

My only complaint is that they only come with DVI/VGA cables but no displayport cable. After thinking about it though, that's not a bad idea on their part - you have two different sizes, so you'd have people annoyed that it came with a displayport cable but didn't plug in to their minidisplayport on their pc/laptop. That problem is entirely on the consumer for not researching exactly what they're getting, but I can see Dell not wanting to deal with the headache. No matter, a problem easily solved by throwing $10 to monoprice.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 10, 2012