Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I bought an ASUS VW246H a couple weeks ago off Newegg. The first one arrived with a small cluster of dead pixels near the upper middle edge. Newegg sent me a new one no questions asked, which I just set up today. Of course, there's a couple of dead pixels on this one too. Not very noticeable and needless to say not as bad as the last one, but still annoying. This is the first time I've bought a monitor in almost 4 years, should I just deal with it? I don't know if I'm having awful luck or this is just part and parcel with buying new monitors these days.

e:
vvv neglected to add that the return isn't entirely free. It cost $30 in shipping to send it back to California. The monitor cost me $200. I didn't want to go over 200 but I'm getting to the point where I think I may just return the loving thing and splurge on one of the higher end Dells.

folgore fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I just now realized that the U2412M does not, in fact, have an HDMI port. Despite me owning one for over a year. So the second one I just bought is connected to my GTX 670 with a vga cable w/adapter, and looks blurry and yellow in comparison. I'm hoping that's something that will change when I get a DisplayPort hook up.

At least there's no dead pixels. :smithicide: