Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Love the writing! In on twitter as madjnunofirem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Well, I've burned through my first day's worth of experiencing this wretched little city.

Would anyone like to make the acquaintance of Hieronymus Von Schopenhauer?

Followed, so has anyone else been given a second candle? Figure they are just doing it to give us a taste but I don't think I will be paying $10 a month on this even though it is a fun game.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I just paid for the two candles and had enough to get in the university through an opportunity card. Figured what the heck, might as well try it a month just to support them a bit.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

So these opportunity cards have been pretty disastrous for me, now I've got nightmares. What are my options for getting rid of them, especially when I have really low stats?

You invite someone over to talk about your fears. Or you can buy a bottle of F.F. Gebrandt's Superior Laudanum, or buying a goldfish in the bazaar and equipping it will help.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Hotwire posted:

Erasmus is always looking for friends in low places. (I'm having far more fun than I expected. It's incredibly fun to read.)

I passed you a cat.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think that cat got passed to me, and then I got scratched up like crazy. What the heck is wrong with you, sending a cat in the mail?

I just wanted to be friends. :smith:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Erm...drat guess I have to pay more attention when sending those things out. If anyone needs help for first city coins or wants to send me cat boxes I am around.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Corridor posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you Justin Tremont :buddy:
e: Or possibly "Thanks a LOT Justin Tremont :argh:"

You're welcome! I want a starveling cat too, instead I just keep getting horrific insects chewing me up. :saddowns:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Corridor posted:

Spiders are not insects :colbert:

I get catboxes a lot so I'll alternate between you and the other guy I promised to.

Right on, I will send them whenever I get the chance! Last one you sent was another spider. Must not have liked the insect remark because it really upped my wounds this time. :argh:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

You get to take a trip to insanity land until nightmares reaches 0. Also don't do what I did and while there keep wearing something that gives you nightmares. I wasted a bunch of turns on that like an idiot with my nightmares never going to zero. :sigh:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yay I got a starveling cat! :woop:

Thanks everyone for sending me boxes, I will be sure to do the same to whoever needs one.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Afraid of maybe spoiling things for people so all I'll say is certain groups in a certain place are snobbish to people without souls. Other than that, I don't know of any other effects yet.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Same here I'm #madjnunofirem

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Just subscribed again for another month, I figure if they keep making new content with great writing it is worth :10bux:. Also sent a catbox to CrashLaunching.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Just started up again if anyone needs help with starveling kitties or anything else. Also looking for tournament players. Name is madjnunofirem.

Wilmott Snipes fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 2, 2011

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Twilly posted:

I haven't heard anything from Failbetter Games, but it seems like the Tournament of Lilies is out since I just drew the card to unlock it. If anyone else at level one wants to hit me up for a challenge I will gladly accept.

The challenge has been accepted, may the best plant cutting win!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Twilly posted:

My plant has proved unmatched in strength, are there any out there who think theirs' can best mine in a trial of cunning?

Good match! My plant received a sound drubbing. Think I will beef it up a bit before I try again.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

We shall see who's cutting is more verdantly vigorous!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Twilly posted:

My poor plant just cannot hold its alcohol :(.

I am now re-seeking a Trial of Cunning! I didn't realize losing dropped you a level in the tournament, that's pretty brutal. I hope whatever the prize is at the end is worth it.

Will do a rematch after my actions refill. My plant is stronger and well third time's a charm I hope. :ohdear:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Twilly posted:

And my plant is back to needing a Trial of Strength. My plant is the biggest scrub in this tournament :argh: Out of curiosity (i.e. to confirm this isn't luck based) was your Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant quality <14 the first time and >=14ish this time?

My plant was just at 14 when I challenged you and at 12 and 13 when I challenged the other times. So I don't think it is luck based either.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Quick question, does anyone know where to easily get Morelways wine from? I would like to do the tournament but I don't have any.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Back from exploring the Unterzee with my zub. Still looking for tournament partners(at lvl 4) while searching out a certain thing's name. Wonder how long the tournament is going to last?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Mozi posted:

Speaking of which, if anybody has 77 excess First City Coins I could take them off your hands for you.

Mozi what's your twitter account so I can add you and give you coins?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Looking for starveling cats if anyone has boxes. Can help on anything in return, twitter is madjnunofirem.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Cool thanks, sent 60 coins your way!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks Mozi I appreciate it! In other news whilst searching for a name I am looking for contest of blood challengers myself since Ouroborus's and Twilly's plants trounced mine earlier.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Huh, that's weird could be because I was dead for a couple days in game? What is your twitter name?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Gnome de plume posted:

Unter_Calaris

Weird, you'd think you'd still be able to look up someone's status. Like Lodgings: A Shallow Grave or something, I dunno.

Huh, I followed you as well and everything seems to be working well now.

As for other developments, boxes of cats will no longer be necessary where I am going. The search for the name keeps me up all hours of the day. Still I believe I am very close to finding all the answers. Nothing else matters.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Weird stuff. Name I go by on the game is and I can see you just fine. I'll see if you can get something from me.

edit. Sent!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yep that's me! Well that is another mystery solved. :)

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Any kittie boxes I get will be sent to you Ouroborus, thanks for all the ones you have sent me btw! It's weird though, I haven't had any box opportunity cards in the past week or so.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Yeah I don't know why they haven't gimped that yet but I am very glad they haven't. In other news great plant battle Ouroborus, do you still need boxes?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Has anyone got anything exciting from Mr. Sacks this year? I'm thinking of giving him my Starveling Cat.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Anyone able to do contest of voices in plant battle? If you can add me at madjnunofirem on twitter!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks for the tips for getting marks of credit, I was wondering how I was going to get those. I am in Polythreme right now and the content is great but I don't see how anyone could do it without having two candles. The whole thing is a huge grind to get anything done.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone had any ideas to raise Scandal quickly if I already have high persuasion? I am looking to get a tomb-lion.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks for the info, got my tomb lion without much hassle. Also good match to Ouroborous777, now I am a plant champion!!

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I just named my slavering-dream-hound Nicodemus. I love this loving game even though grinding for antique mysteries to get into the Royal Bethlehem is getting to be tiresome.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

To everyone searching for Mr. Eaten's name, it seems that to get one of the candles you have to win 77 tokens in Knife and Candle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Thanks for letting me know before I went on a mad rush to collect a bunch of tokens.