Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
:canada: Fun Canadian History Fact :canada:

During the '50s and '60s, a large-scale northern sovereignty/early warning project was undertaken by the Government. Radar installations were to be built in remote northern locations to provide early warning of Soviet bombers coming over the pole. To man these remote stations, they were going to re-locate the Inuit, because they're good at dealing with the cold, right?

Usually, yes. But not the ones from places like the middle of Labrador and other not-at-all-remote (and in some cases even cold) regions, who they did end up re-locating. Don't worry, though! Their inability to deal with the climate didn't get in the way of keeping us safe from Russian bombers, because immediately after the project reached completion it was declared obsolete, as everyone was using ICBMs.

That's Dief the Chief for you. No wonder he went from one of the largest majority in Canadian history to one of the smallest minorities in one term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Mobile ICBMs are pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIzXI-mlJjs

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

I live right beside an airport so every now and then a few CF-18s will take off or land over my house. I can usually spot the snowbirds when they're in town, too. I once had a C-130 fly drat near sideways over my house because the wind was really strong.

Nothing beats being buzzed by a Mirage when I was at the Tank Memorial at Courcellette, though. :black101:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Wouldn't switching to a larger gun also increase weight? I'm talking mostly out of my rear end, but it seems to me like anything that could bump up the weight of the aircraft and make it carry less ammo and/or have a shorter loiter time could be bad.