Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Can I Phaser You
Dec 8, 2006

fuk dis moss covered rock

Elephant posted:

Bach. Bach Bach Bach Bach. Pretty much anything by him is going to have tons of examples of anything you could wish. I really like his inventions, the Well Tempered Clavier, and his fugues for organ. All of them are awesome.

I was required to take a music/art class in order to graduate from the university I went to, and I randomly picked a class about Bach. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I was (and still am) an ignorant person when it comes to "classical music", but the one thing I can definitively say is that J.S. Bach was a genius. We are truly privileged to be living in a day and age where you can instantly listen to music like this.

The best way to visually see the genius behind his music is to watch a video like this that graphs it.

Toccata and Fugue is one of his best known works, but there is so much out there. Just throw a dart at this list and enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU