Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

hey all,

so i was thinking of getting into podcasting, so had a few questions:

- what's a good podcast hosting site for people starting out?
- i discovered that youtube has a separate podcast section now. thoughts on uploading on there compared to a podcast specific website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

If you upload only to YouTube, will it be discoverable to actual podcast clients?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Just wanted to post about my comedy podcast I've been doing called Scarytown.

This is a scripted sketch comedy podcast about the goings on of a very weird and very dumb town. Writing, starring, and producing this show are some of the best comedic talent around, including people who have been on or written for The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, The Onion, McSweeney's, Funny or Die, SNL, IFC, Comedy Central, Improv 4 Humans, Hollywood Handbook, the Upright Citizens' Brigade Theater, and everywhere fine comedy exists. The style is absurd, silly, occasionally dark, and occasionally satirical. The second season will have 7 episodes and comes out every Tuesday. We have a first season with a more narrative-driven story if you are into that.

I'd love to hear what people think!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/scarytown/id1295260047

hey this is pretty great! seems well produced and genuinely funny. looking forward to more

Gin_Rummy posted:

It feels like so many podcasts are built on the idea of two to four people sitting around, knocking back a few drinks, and discussing X or Y topic. Do any of you guys see a market for something more along the lines of an audio documentary? I recorded what I would consider a “pilot” for a podcast, where it’s just me talking in detail about things that should’ve failed but wildly succeeded, considering all the circumstances in its development, like movies with troubled production schedules, dysfunctional bands, video games that took forever to make, etc. I like to think it’s a good idea, but I haven’t felt any drive to work on it some more since I don’t have any feedback as to what a general audience thinks of the concept. What do you all think?

Also, if anyone’s interested, I can provide you with a link to where you can listen to my pilot episode. I’m always open to getting feedback in developing this idea.

nice to see someone mention this, because this is exactly the kind of podcast i wanna do. this is a passion project for me, but I also do want it to be successful. and i think the ones that really blew up in this format are a pretty small group. so i dunno if it's a good idea to pursue.

your podcast idea sound really interesting, fwiw. :) there's a YT channel that does a similar thing, but i don't recall it at the moment