Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

Channel 3 Games
iTunes Twitter

Genre
Classic Video Game LPs and Discussion,

Release Schedule
Bi-Weekly

Overview
My buddy Wally and I try to shrug off being adults long enough to power through some NES games and report back on our experience along with some basic game publishing info and musings on the rampant difficulty curve these titles have. We're only two episodes in, but have a road map for the next three games.

What we have / need
Have: Currently we're running the show on a couple of SM57's into a Scarlett 2i2 interface which seems to work pretty well. The tedious part about our production is cleaning up the dead air on one mic when the other guy is talking. I've tried every combination of noise gate / suppression / reduction that Audacity has and the best thing I've come up with is just highlighting certain segments and hitting CTRL+L.

Need: Production advice, C&C. Oh, and listeners, but I'm sure they will come with time.

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
The rule of thumb I had was a fist's width between the mouth and mic. I suppose I could cut the gain on the interface, and then boost the gain after the fact? The waveforms aren't particularly proud as is, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?