Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
Me and two other goons do a comedy podcast every week called Serious Business with Successful People. We think we are pretty funny and so do others that listen to us. A lot of our material comes from local Saint Louis news, personal stories/experiences, and just general bullshit we think is funny. If we suck tell us, but we have gotten pretty good reviews from the few that have listened to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Thanks, my podcast pardner tells me he is getting in touch with Go Daddy to tell at them for lovely ftp uptime, and we might be changing hosts regardless. gently caress those guys! Pisses me off the problems they've given us, very sorry about that.

Regarding the goon podcast empire, I might look into registering a domain like goonpodcasts.com or something like that, not like I don't have enough to do...any ideas on how to approach this from anyone, apart from a list of podcasts from this thread? I know gently caress all about php, etc., coding but I can lay out a simple html page... With donations we could do an SA banner ad and probably get a lot more listeners.
I haven't had any issues with Powweb.com I've been with them for four years now. Their customer service is great too. I think the podcast empire would be a good idea. Also if anyone would like to trade 20-30 second show promotions with me I would love to run one or two in each episode.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

The Capm posted:

That's pretty cool. I haven't seen the sequels but is he the guy who shows up in all of them?

Also, I listened to Serious Business with Successful People today. The two hour episode where you guys talk about Snake Island. Very funny, very good. I'm still in that stage where I can't tell anyone apart but I still liked it.
Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it. I listened to episode 10 of DIV and I'm not going to lie your podcast is strange as poo poo, but I kept listening and ended up enjoying it. Also your theme music is pretty awesome.

Kushgroove thanks for putting the goonsite into motion, I think this is a great idea. I'll chip in $$$ if we want to run some banner ads.

Killfast37 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 12, 2011

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
Hey checking back in. One of my co-hosts decided to move further away but he is now committed to making the drive so our podcast will continue after a two month hiatus. I'm excited about how well this thread is turning out. I would also like to get in on the podcast review in the other thread, my exams will be done this week so I can start reviewing everyone else's podcasts. I'll run by the bank on Monday and chip in $10 for the ad as well.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Cool - if you've chipped in but haven't created or updated their gooncasts.com wiki page in a while...make sure you do this! Otherwise you miss out on the potential/hopeful/desperate click-o-rama that will pour forth once the ad goes live.

I really like the tagline from Fake Green Dress too.

We could go a bit goony with something like (each line being each 'frame' of the GIF):
Free money... Easy sex... Hours of enjoyment...
You are guaranteed one of these things by clicking here
Gooncasts.com - Podcasts from goons
Entertainment you can trust, from people you probably shouldn't

IMO logos would be graphically messy, as well as tedious to update, but I'll go with the majority. We could also have a second banner in a totally different style ready to go for month 2, and swap back and forth to change things up (look at the banner ads for Pillowpants' finance service, he's got a bunch of different ones).
Just gifted you $12. If there is anyway you can update the website to let the user Killfast37 edit pages would be great so I can add Serious Business with Successful People a page before the ad goes live.