Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007
OH SHIT! Get down you FUCKS! *KA-FUCKING-BOOM*
It never really occurred to me to check SA for other podcasters until about a week ago. I am thoroughly impressed as there are some great podcast. I've already recommened 'Lou Reads the Internet' to a couple of my goon pals.

Here is my podcast. i will be throwing a page up on the wiki in a day or so.

Haters for Hire
Website

iTunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007

King Lou posted:

Thanks, man.

I was just listening to your podcast. Can I ask you how you record it? I'm having a hard time hearing what some of the guys are saying. It could be my ears but it sounds like at least one of the guys is across the room from the mic which makes me raise the volume to hear what he's saying only to get blown out by the people closest to the mic.

In contrast I went to gently caress the Deaf after yours and it was SUPER LOUD. Like turn it all the way down to make it listenable.

Great Question, right now i use a C01U - USB Studio Condenser Microphone. That recording is actually quite hosed up due to the one guy demanding to sit at the other end of the table (and he also talked kind of quiet as well). The one i actually posted today used 4 microphones and threes guest though there was still some weird glitch out with garage band.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007

King Lou posted:

Were you using 4 USB mics at the same time? I've always wondered if that would work.

In other news, I am officially fed up with dreamhost loving up my poo poo. Loureads has been up and down and people are still getting partially downloaded media or terminated downloads (which is a new one for me.) Since I asked people to let me know I've gotten a bunch of reports of it happening. Sigh...

So, Lisbyn doesnt support wordpress so I'm looking at Blubrry or maybe something else. I was talking to the guy from The F Plus and he said he gets 5k downloads a week! WHAAAAA! Thats crazy...

We actually used 3 stage/dynamic mics and my USB condenser. We mixed the three mics through a mixing board and had the USB plugged into the Macbook.

I currently use bluehost and wordpress through their site. I've never really had any problems with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for user friendly posting.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007
This Friday I'm recording a live podcast with a studio audience and all that fixin's. We right now will have 4 stage mics and 1 to pick up audience reaction. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with this and had any suggestions or tips. Even if you have been to a live podcast recording, any advice or thoughts are welcome.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007

The Capm posted:

I've done a live cast before.

1) It's a lot of fun and there is tons of energy. In my experience, both as a caster and listener, this doesn't necessarily make it more entertaining to listen to. Just something to keep in mind.

2) You do not need a mic to record audience reaction, I would say. It'll be loud enough.

Just my two cents, of course.

I will most definitely keep that in mind. When I reflected on a bunch of live podcasts i listened to in the past, I did notice that sometimes the shows felt a little flat. I guess some of the atmosphere does not translate to the podcast listener.

Also, is the live one you did online? I would love to give it a listen.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007

The Capm posted:

Here it is. The sound quality is pretty rough. Also, forgive my friend Ryan drunkenly fumbling the theme song.

Also, I don't know sort of venue you're looking at. This was a small practice space where my band did shows for about 30 people.

http://www.deadideavalhalla.com/Dinopitch/Dinopitch8.mp3

The quality is a little rough but the content is good. It sounds like a lot of the problem was the acoustics in the room. We are using an black box stage in the steel city improv theater in Pittsburgh so hopefully that wont be to much of a problem. Ill post the podcast on here on monday.

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007
Here is the live episode I recorded over the weekend. I blankly stole an idea or two from some other live podcasts I listen to (doug loves movies, etc)for my new game. There wasn't a huge crowd but they actually filled out the room for the most part. The guests also seem to be a little thrown off by sitting 'panel style' with a bunch of people watching them. That being said I'm pretty drat happy with how it came out and the theater wants to have it back again which is always nice.

Live Episode

iTunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007
Heya, Signed up for the goon casts site to create a page for my podcast a bit ago but haven't received a reply yet. I was hoping to make my page sometime this weekend.