Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

I podcast with 3 other goons in a weekly show, called Movie Rental Roundup, that generally runs 45 minutes to an hour per episode. Our show is at http://www.movierentalroundup.com and we review movie rentals, if that wasn't already apparent. It definitely give us a lot of opportunity for creativity as we can review any movie that can be rented, be it fresh releases or 80's favorites. We essentially talk about one movie a week, give our review of it, give a recommendation to rent or to avoid, and try to be as funny and entertaining as we can.

It's a lot of fun and we have been doing it for half a year now with no end in sight.

-The Capm I will check out your show this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

QWERTTY posted:

I really want to start one up but not sure on the equipment we would need to have to get this to work. The set up I want is a 4 person podcast, I have 4 mics and audio recording software and even a website to set everything up. I'm just not really sure how to get 4 microphones input into the computer, any help on this?

We have 4 hosts but we all use skype and that eliminates the issue of the inputs. You would need a mixer of some type to get all the mics into one audio input for recording. I have thought of integrating a mixer myself but it would be to be able to play audio clips while we record and so the others could hear the clip as well.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Zorak posted:

Use Virtual Audio Cable to do this. You can direct the inputs that way rather well like that. You can also insert audio using them this way as well.

VAC is a bit tricky to figure out to use, but once you've got it down it makes a lot of even trickier things very manageable.

I may have to look more into this but when I have tried vac it causes my system (which is pretty powerful) to crap itself. I am sure it's something on my end.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

King Lou posted:

What might help is sharing what you've learned from Thank You, Economy..

Would you recommend it? What's it about? It does have 63 positive reviews...

I have read this book and I will say that the book is about adopting a mentality of engaging your audience. Show that you are actually interested in what they have to say, respond to them, and provide value other than just plugging your show (which I will be doing right after this).

You can do things like search for people talking about things that your show covers, engage them in conversation, provide quality and genuine content, and then leave it at that. Keep talking with them and build relationships and they will look at your profile, where you should have your show linked, and then check out what you do there.

There is a lot more to it but I think the most important part is to be genuine and build real relationships with people. They will become your advocates.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

I posted pretty early in this thread about my podcast at the time (Movie Rental Roundup). We shuttered the show shortly after for quite a few reason, mostly around scheduling and logistics for the 4 hosts of the show. Since then, my brother and I got the bug again to record and we started a new show 8 weeks ago.

Nerd Caravan is essentially a show of two nerds talking about nerdy stuff. We aren't journalists but we are enthusiastic about the stuff we cover. I feel like we have really gotten into our groove now, working through technical issue, improving our sound, and getting comfortable behind the mic again. We record on Sundays and release on Mondays so that the weekly news we cover can be pretty current. Our show tends to run just over an hour.

Our website has links to download our show and the show notes for the topics we cover. The web address is http://www.nerdcaravan.com and we would love any new listeners that might be interested.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I enjoy this show. It's entertaining and holds to the topic well.

Thank you for the kind words.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

We had a profile up on google + for Nerd Caravan but they killed our ability to use it since it's not a real name profile.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Song For The Deaf posted:

I can vouch for Audio Hijack Pro being legitimate. I've never regretted a software purchase less.

Pamela is a good solution on the Windows side, from what I understand.

We use Pamela for Nerd Caravan and, while not free, it isn't terribly expensive. It is pretty easy to use and we haven't had too much in the way of problems with it.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

My brother and I just unveiled our new intro on our show. What do you guys think? http://www.itsnotyours.com/NerdCaravanIntro.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Hey everyone. I posted a while back about our new (now not so new) show Nerd Caravan. We are still doing that every week and are about to hit episode 30 (https://www.nerdcaravan.com) but that isn't the main point of my post. Myself and the other host of the show launched our second show forming a network. We now have Jawa Caravan.

Logo:
https://www.jawacaravan.com/jawalogo.jpg

This is a show that is covering the news and rumors for the game Star Wars: The Old Republic. We are on episode 2 now so if anyone is interested in listening they can find it at https://www.jawacaravan.com or in itunes, or stitcher.