Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So I've been working on a podcast with another goon, and we need to start thinking about distribution, but I'm having trouble figuring out who would be a good webhost. Googling turns up a lot of things that smell like lightly disguised advertising. Going to sites for some popular podcasting webhosts typically gives me one page of the broadest set of power point features and leaves me with dozens of questions.

Right now our practice episodes are roughly an hour and fifteen and come in at about 100MB. Initially the plan is biweekly, but I want more leeway in our plan than that if we choose to go weekly. It would also be really helpful if they can provide a basic website along with just hosting the mp3's with some brainless management so we don't have to put a lot of effort into that. Obviously, we're just starting out so we'll be lucky to get a hundred downloads an episode for a while. So basically we need more space than a lot of people seem to offer (biweekly means that there could be three episodes a month depending on how the weeks land, after all), less concerned about download limits, and would really like an idiot-proof website.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU