Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

French Canadian posted:

Maybe it's something where the host actually records the audio from all the sources to the local machine and just edits later.

The goto and probably easiest is Audacity but I myself prefer OBS which is most often used for video streaming, but can be configured to just record audio to the local machine.

Going this route will naturally add a layer of "oh now I have to go cleanup the recording and upload it somewhere" that the cloud solutions shortcut a little.

As for how to get them connected? Skype/Mumble/Discord or whatever they can achieve the lowest latency and highest quality with would be a good start considering the distances you're dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU