Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
My wife and her friend want to start a podcast together. They'd be willing to drop ~$150 each for a good mic but I'm wondering about the best software for remote co-hosting. My wife and I are in Wisconsin, and her friend is in Japan.

Definitely interested in a "just works" sort of thing because it's just them talking back and forth to each other. They'd also want to enable a third "guest" to participate as well, from a third remote location.

I see Cast and Zencast are both subscription based but appear to do the trick. Any feedback on those? I'm sure they'd be willing to do the free trial period of either. But I get the feeling that these have subscriptions because THE CLOUD, right?

But is there just something that isn't cloud based but easily enables recording audio input from two or three people in separate locations? Maybe it's something where the host actually records the audio from all the sources to the local machine and just edits later.

Also open to recs on a microphone. Seems that the Blue Yeti is entirely adequate. Even the Blue Yeti Nano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU