Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
I've been producing a weekly comedy podcast for the past six months now, and we do it in a different way than most people. We broadcast our show over a shoutcast stream and those recorded episodes we list as the podcast. It's all the frustration of doing a podcast, all the while interacting with your community and playing music at the same time. It's all the fun of live radio, except learning everything on the fly.

our premise is simple: "each show is a live two hour production meeting for next week's show." We have recurring segments, guests and a discord channel where users can join us on the stream. There is no wrong way to go, every blooper and every triumph all contribute to the show's great power. nothing can go wrong, and everything is alright because for now it is Time For The Show

Time For The Show
iTunes , Google Play , TuneIn

Weekly, "comedy" live broadcast with recorded episode podcast.

If you're interested in the aspects of producing a live show via shoutcast, just ask. It definitely is a lot different than pre-recording shows and segments, and the mistakes (especially on my end) can be disastrous (and usually are). still, we push on in the attempts of trying to figure out what it is we are doing. Recently, there have been some issues with staying connected, but our friend and server admin is working with me (we will be conducting tests on the stream tonight after midnight edt).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU