Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

I have a ~~drug felony~~ on my record. I've been off probation for 2 years now, and it's my only offense. I've been wanting to enroll in a coding bootcamp for python/data science. Is this an unrealistic goal? Would I be better off with a web developer course?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

Thanks for the responses everyone I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about things than I had been.

I was leaning towards data science because in lockdown I studied python a bit and "careers in python" google search points to data science. I guess I didn't want that half book I read 3 years ago to go to waste. The data theory that I studied didn't really thrill me. I took some EdX courses to show my PO I was busy on lockdown but what interested me was just the figuring out of how to get the code to work and fixing it when it didn't.

So I went ahead and got in contact with Rutger's bootcamp for their web developer course and bought a copy of HTML, CSS, & JavaScript For Dummies to get a head start.