Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003
2banks1swap.avi you're being a big old nerd about this. Starting salary means gently caress all. With skills, zeal and the right amount of ruthlessness you can improve your pay grade far quicker than "average", making your starting salary irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003
Yea I would worry less about starting salary and more about hiding your true character come interview time.

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003

Lumpy posted:

That said, you can't really over dress for an interview in my opinion.

Last time I interviewed for a job the guy giving the interview wore flip flops and cargo shorts. I would have felt extremely silly wearing a suit to that interview.

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003

Orzo posted:

Either you're trolling or you're really out of touch with reality.

I work in IT in northern europe and I wouldn't want to work in a company with a dress code, because all those companies in this field in this country are sucky places to work.

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003
Had an interview the other week. I asked the guy to program A Thing so he made a new class and started writing code his code outside the class :confused:

edit: Java position

Piss Man 94 fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Man 94
Jun 11, 2003

TasteMyHouse posted:

Like, just in the file, completely outside of the class or a function or anything? that's weird.

like so:

code:
class ImADummy{

}

/* CODE GOES HERE */

TasteMyHouse posted:

He could've been coming from C++

and he should go back to it :)