Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I was serious. I'm gonna drop a grand piano on this guy for using a console command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Feels good getting to novac and emptying your p-what the gently caress do you mean i’ve been carrying around a 50lb wood chipper and three fission batteries?!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

esquilax posted:

I don't actually think anyone here was being that serious

I like the Lucky 38 suite but that's really inconvenient from a gameplay perspective :(

Not as bad as it used to be with an SSD and a modern computer, but still annoying. Is there a good mod for that?

I like Afterschool Special, which lets you fix up the schoolhouse in Goodsprings: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43757

For sorting out your various items, there's nothing as good as Stash Organizer: https://mod.pub/falloutnv/4-stash-organizer

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

esquilax posted:

I like the Lucky 38 suite but that's really inconvenient from a gameplay perspective :(

Not as bad as it used to be with an SSD and a modern computer, but still annoying. Is there a good mod for that?

I haven't used this mod in particular, but it adds convenient fast travel points to Freeside and The Strip. The discussion posts aren't full of people claiming it's broken, so it might help!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

esquilax posted:

Oh it's not serious at all, I just thought I'd explain why people (including myself) suddenly started posting low carry weight propaganda, as you seemed a bit surprised at that. I find rhetoric interesting, examining how framing and phrasing affects how people respond. Needless to say, I'm autistic.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 25, 2024

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

esquilax posted:

I think the last time I played whatever I got off Wabbajack had a fast travel point which dumped you inside the suite.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you can play a game wrong

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
There’s a mod called the Overlook that adds a cramped little ranger station on the long road near Novac. Combines form and function pretty well and it’s not particularly overpowered.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

DaysBefore posted:

Obsessively collecting every single unique weapon in the game but only ever using a single pistol ftw

That too, well mostly.
Half the time I try to figure out what signature weapons I want to use for a run. Which works so and so for the most time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I did a playthrough where I tried to use every named weapon in the game, and it was a lot of fun.

My current playthrough uses unarmed weapons and Annabelle. The missile launcher feels like it's looking for a big group of oblivious enemies to hit, but it's so rare to actually see that.