Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

When you get locked into a serious gun mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can:

I need an AK next I think :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36771

Any way I might be able to apply the Caravan Shotgun retexture to the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun? It looks so much better.

SplitSoul posted:

The Project Beauty guy has something out for NV, enjoy:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39218
As cool as this looks, it probably won't work with the Roberts bodies (which I need for the Geonox armor) and the Ling hair mod, right?

Roman fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 3, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vitriol posted:

Hey all!

Hey, question: How will you be integrating these backpacks into the game? Are you directly modifying merchant and loot lists or are you using a script?

I hope you're using a script :)

Roman posted:

As cool as this looks, it probably won't work with the Roberts bodies (which I need for the Geonox armor) and the Ling hair mod, right?

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the original FO3 Project Beauty conflicting with body replacers. Since the mod only replaces facial data, I think you *should* be good. LING's on the other hand...

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 3, 2011

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Roman posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36771

Any way I might be able to apply the Caravan Shotgun retexture to the Sturdy Caravan Shotgun? It looks so much better.
If you open the GECK, load up the core master .esm, the pre-order .esm and the mod, you should be able to just look at the Caravan Shotgun, open the pre-order Caravan Shotgun, and set the .nifs/models to be the same as the mod's settings. Then save it to your own .esp, close GECK, run the launcher, add your .esp to the data, and run the game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

rope kid posted:

If you open the GECK
thx bud

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the original FO3 Project Beauty conflicting with body replacers. Since the mod only replaces facial data, I think you *should* be good. LING's on the other hand...
Only used Lings for the Cass/Veronica makeover really. Does the Beauty project improve either of them?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Roman posted:

thx bud
Only used Lings for the Cass/Veronica makeover really. Does the Beauty project improve either of them?

It appears to, yeah.

EDIT: The 3GB LAA Loader has just experienced some large updates. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already done so.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 3, 2011

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, question: How will you be integrating these backpacks into the game? Are you directly modifying merchant and loot lists or are you using a script?

I hope you're using a script :)

At least at first, I am modifying the inventory of about fourteen of the base template NPC's. I'm muddling through this, learning as I go - if you could hit me with a script example on how to do this without directly editing an NPC, I would be a lot happier with doing it that way. 95% of this is just editing someone else's work, and I am pretty confused most of the time, and a little scared. Hold me.

as far as compatabilty with other mods, hair is going to clip, I would bet.

I'm going to guess that other body replacers may clip a bit on the front - huge, succulent, never-sagging and stiff boobs (the kind modders add!) may clip the backpack straps - but to be honest, when the backpack straps were made they kind of clip anyway.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
I've started getting reasonably regular crashes when out in the open, can anyone spot check my load list and see if it's what it should be?

FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Compiled Patch.esp
Lore version.esp
Red Lucy (Knobody13 request).esp
Silus (Vcat request).esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
unlocked armors v2_2.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
noautoaim.esp
RepairKit.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp

Total active plugins: 17
Total plugins: 17

That's the list according to the BOSS Auto Sort so I dunno. It might be ELECTRO CITY, that was the last thing I installed?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the original FO3 Project Beauty conflicting with body replacers.
Took a look and it looks like it conflicts with upper body textures, so mixing it with Roberts won't work. So I can't use the best custom armor (Geonox Riot Armor), but the men in this game will also no longer look like Abercrombie & Fitch models in striped speedos so I guess I can deal with the trade off.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

When you get locked into a serious gun mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can:

Those are nice textures, what mod is that from?

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It appears to, yeah.

EDIT: The 3GB LAA Loader has just experienced some large updates. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already done so.

Indeed it did! It now works for those of us that couldn't get steam to play nice under windows 7 64-bit. i was finaaly able to run the hires ver of 4aces texture replacement, and it certainly was worth the huge download size.
Though it looks like bethsoft isn't clear abt whether he could use fo3 assets in his texture replacements or not. So these texture replacement mods probably will never show up on nexus. Tbh, i prefer downloading from modb anyway, for one, the file size limit is much higher.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Mister Bung posted:

That's the list according to the BOSS Auto Sort so I dunno. It might be ELECTRO CITY, that was the last thing I installed?

Looks fine to me, make sure you're using the most recent version of Electro-City. I actually suspect it might have something to do with the NV Redesigned mod, though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Quick question:

How do you install mods with FOMM that have "updates" or multiple different "packs" but same name?

For example, Tailor Maid has two different sets, but when trying to use FOMM they but have the same name and will only let me activate one of them at the same time.

Something similar happens with the Fallout New Vegas Redesign, it has a main file and an update, but when activating the update the mods from the main pack just disappear from the list.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Quick question:

How do you install mods with FOMM that have "updates" or multiple different "packs" but same name?

For example, Tailor Maid has two different sets, but when trying to use FOMM they but have the same name and will only let me activate one of them at the same time.

Something similar happens with the Fallout New Vegas Redesign, it has a main file and an update, but when activating the update the mods from the main pack just disappear from the list.

I'm not sure what Tailor Maid stuff you're trying to install exactly but it sounds like you're misunderstanding the mod and that the ESPs you're trying to use are actually different versions of the mod instead of files that compliment each other. Using both at once somehow is likely to lead to nothing but bugs. You can't use the MAIN version with the NO ENCH version, for example. It's one or the other since they both add the same items but one version has stat enchantments and the other doesn't.

New Vegas Redesigned is the same, you are supposed to overwrite the prior files when you install the UPDATES .esp, it's an updated version and not a standalone mod. It's not at all uncommon for mod authors to only upload a much smaller update .esp instead of reuploading an entirely new file to the nexus.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 3, 2011

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm not sure what Tailor Maid stuff you're trying to install exactly but it sounds like you're misunderstanding the mod and that the ESPs you're trying to use are actually different versions of the mod instead of files that compliment each other. Using both at once somehow is likely to lead to nothing but bugs. You can't use the MAIN version with the NO ENCH version, for example. It's one or the other since they both add the same items but one is a little more powerful than the other.

No, I meant for example Tailor Maid NV - Main and Tailor Maid NV Black. Black has the kickass skull mask which the main doesn't have, but the main has other cool stuff. When I use FOMM and the "Add FOMod" to add them, it adds them with the same name and I can only activate one or the other.

With Fallout New Vegas Redesign I have two files: the main file and a 90k "update". When I add them with the package manager I get two mods named "Fallout New Vegas Redesigned" but with different version numbers, and only lets me use one at a time, but gives me different modules to activate once I get back to the main window.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

No, I meant for example Tailor Maid NV - Main and Tailor Maid NV Black. Black has the kickass skull mask which the main doesn't have, but the main has other cool stuff. When I use FOMM and the "Add FOMod" to add them, it adds them with the same name and I can only activate one or the other.

Main and Black are mutually exclusive, you can only use one or the other. You should only be activating the Updates ESP for Redesigned, since it's the most recent version. You can say no all you want by the way but I'm exactly right in what I'm telling you, when stuff has the same name it's meant to replace and not be used in tandem with.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

Main and Black are mutually exclusive, you can only use one or the other. You should only be activating the Updates ESP for Redesigned, since it's the most recent version. You can say no all you want by the way but I'm exactly right in what I'm telling you, when stuff has the same name it's meant to replace and not be used in tandem with.

Gotcha, I was getting mixed up with the names of the packages and the names of the esp's.

So, if I have something like Redesigned with a main file and an update file, I should just add both with the package manager and then activate the latest one?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, if I have something like Redesigned with a main file and an update file, I should just add both with the package manager and then activate the latest one?

Update ESPs are tricky. The problem is that the updated ESP is only an updated mod file but you still need all of the resources from the original file - meshes, textures, etc. You can't actually activate mods like this in FOMM, not unless the author re-packs all of the stuff into one file and reuploads. You'll need to install them the old fashioned way by first copying everything from the version 1.0 file to your data folder and then doing the same with the UPDATE file, overwriting when prompted. Optionally you could re-pack the zip file yourself and replace the original ESP with the UPDATE ESP I guess, then activate THAT mod in FOMM. Just make sure that you're packing everything mesh and texture-wise from the original file along with the ESP from the Update file.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 3, 2011

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Capn Beeb posted:

A Mare's Leg! :allears:
Are these your mods Beeb, or did you get them from the Nexus.

Also, I can't seem to get the better "That Gun" mod and JaySus' M1 Garand mod working. At least I haven't seen either weapon since I installed the mod. Any idea where they should be in the load order?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SheepNameKiller posted:

Update ESPs are tricky. The problem is that the updated ESP is only an updated mod file but you still need all of the resources from the original file - meshes, textures, etc. You can't actually activate mods like this in FOMM, not unless the author re-packs all of the stuff into one file and reuploads. You'll need to install them the old fashioned way by first copying everything from the version 1.0 file to your data folder and then doing the same with the UPDATE file, overwriting when prompted. Optionally you could re-pack the zip file yourself and replace the original ESP with the UPDATE ESP I guess, then activate THAT mod in FOMM. Just make sure that you're packing everything mesh and texture-wise from the original file along with the ESP from the Update file.

Yeah, I had to do something like that to get Nevada Skies woring with Electro City. As electro city comes with a "compatibility" esp for Nevada skies, I had to install nevada the old fashioned way and than activate the .esp from Electro city or it wouldn't load the textures correctly.

Thanks for the help and for clearing that up.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been playing with the Reactive People combat mod and it is pretty sweet, if a bit broken, but it makes playing a stealth guy so much fun.. I used XFO's tweaks and updated AI packages on top of it to make damage more important (so one or two shots can kill) and the combat has been pretty enjoyable. Along with the manual reload, bullet time, and sprint mods, the game pretty much plays fast paced as gently caress. Basically, if you get spotted, you're hosed. It also has a knife hotkey (like the grenade hotkey), which is also pretty sweet. You can also disarm people and fit them with a slave collar for one reason or another.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 3, 2011

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

BSAKat posted:

A Mare's Leg! :allears:
Are these your mods Beeb, or did you get them from the Nexus.

M1D:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38353

Mare's Leg:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36473

Ugh, fixed.
\/\/\/\/

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 3, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38353 first link got eaten, this is the link for the M1D

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

BSAKat posted:

Also, I can't seem to get the better "That Gun" mod and JaySus' M1 Garand mod working. At least I haven't seen either weapon since I installed the mod. Any idea where they should be in the load order?

For the better That Gun mod, you'll have to find it at the Dino Shop in Novac (that's the gun's only location in the game, by default--it's a unique weapon.) For the M1 Garand by Jaysus, the mod adds the weapon (and its attachments) into the game via a script that means it shouldn't be interfering with other mods. You should be able to find the weapon on Legion patrols and various NCR and Mercenaries, as well as merchant lists--especially Gun Runners and 188. But you need to be ~Level 12 for them to start appearing, usually.

Off the top of my head, the exception to this rule is the Ghoul trapped in the Repconn Launch Site basement (the guy with all of the traps, who refuses to leave until you find his friend.) He has one of the Garands, guaranteed.

Gyshall posted:

I've been playing with the Reactive People combat mod and it is pretty sweet, if a bit broken, but it makes playing a stealth guy so much fun.. I used XFO's tweaks and updated AI packages on top of it to make damage more important (so one or two shots can kill) and the combat has been pretty enjoyable. Along with the manual reload, bullet time, and sprint mods, the game pretty much plays fast paced as gently caress. Basically, if you get spotted, you're hosed. It also has a knife hotkey (like the grenade hotkey), which is also pretty sweet. You can also disarm people and fit them with a slave collar for one reason or another.

Slave collars, eh? Pretty soon that Rape simulator is going to cross the threshold from fantasy to reality. :allears:

Roman posted:

Took a look and it looks like it conflicts with upper body textures, so mixing it with Roberts won't work. So I can't use the best custom armor (Geonox Riot Armor), but the men in this game will also no longer look like Abercrombie & Fitch models in striped speedos so I guess I can deal with the trade off.

Well, poo. Oh well, at least we all know it doesn't work now. Thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 3, 2011

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I swear I saw a mod once which allowed you to (Rudimentary) recruit pretty much any NPC as a follower via conversation. I have searched everywhere on the nexus and I just can't find it. Am I insane or does it actually exist?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Co-sine posted:

I swear I saw a mod once which allowed you to (Rudimentary) recruit pretty much any NPC as a follower via conversation. I have searched everywhere on the nexus and I just can't find it. Am I insane or does it actually exist?

You're probably referring to this mod, which allows you to do this in FO3. The author is currently working on a port for NV, but it hasn't been released yet.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For the better That Gun mod, you'll have to find it at the Dino Shop in Novac (that's the gun's only location in the game, by default--it's a unique weapon.)

I, uh, I already bought "That Gun" from Novac before I installed the mod, and had the thing in my inventory when I did so. Am I hosed?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Brace posted:

Those are nice textures, what mod is that from?

Mossberg shotgun:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36407

FN FALs:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37553

Dan Wesson PPC .357:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35843

M1D Garand:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38353

AK:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38797

Mare's leg trail carbine:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36473

I don't have links for the 1911 or M4 :( Also the default sounds on the AK are pretty lame, so I changed the silenced sound to the silenced 10mm SMG.

E:

Is there a good double barrel shotgun mod? I want a side by side one so I can relive grade school days of playing Doom 2.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You're probably referring to this mod, which allows you to do this in FO3. The author is currently working on a port for NV, but it hasn't been released yet.

That was it, thanks.

For content, the Bear Trap mod is pretty drat powerful. Once you get enough survival so you aren't trapping your own arms in them every five seconds, setting up a field of reuseable mines can be really gamebreaking. Can also be used to assassinate people you don't like without getting anyone cross.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

BSAKat posted:

I, uh, I already bought "That Gun" from Novac before I installed the mod, and had the thing in my inventory when I did so. Am I hosed?

You shouldn't be. All the mod does is change the stats of the weapon so that it isn't relatively useless.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You shouldn't be. All the mod does is change the stats of the weapon so that it isn't relatively useless.

Ah, okay. I was concerned because I hadn't seen it in any store lists under the name's .223 pistol or 2019 Detective's Special.

Edit: I just went and checked on my "That Gun", which I'd left in my underground hideout. The mod didn't change it. The stats are still the same as when I bought it. Oh well.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 3, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Where can I find a link to 4aces retexture of the landscapes, etc?

Also are there any really well done weapon mods aside from our goons retexture of the stock guns in the game?

Brace fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Where can I find a link to 4aces retexture of the landscapes, etc?

ModDB

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Capn Beeb posted:

Are there any mods to add a cigarette, loud shirt and bucket hat to the Courier, so I can be Hunter S. Postapocalypse?

No, seriously - are there?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

ModDB

And is there any way to tell forsure if that LAA 3gb limit remover is actually working? It ran through the patch or whatever fine, but I wanna be able to make sure.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Are there any mods to add a cigarette, loud shirt and bucket hat to the Courier, so I can be Hunter S. Postapocalypse?

Theres a better alternative, http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35047

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38892

The shirt seriously can't be that hard to find. The hat is the wrong color but its close at least.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Also, is there any way to make it so that your companions aren't affected by your sneak attempts? It really pisses me off not being able to sneak anymore because I got a party with me.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

workin' on the anti-mat rifle

v.early

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BSAKat posted:

Ah, okay. I was concerned because I hadn't seen it in any store lists under the name's .223 pistol or 2019 Detective's Special.

Edit: I just went and checked on my "That Gun", which I'd left in my underground hideout. The mod didn't change it. The stats are still the same as when I bought it. Oh well.

That means for whatever reason you don't have the mod installed correctly. The fact that you bought the gun and it's sitting someplace where it's not found originally doesn't mean a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

That means for whatever reason you don't have the mod installed correctly. The fact that you bought the gun and it's sitting someplace where it's not found originally doesn't mean a thing.

That's what I figured. Unfortunately, the readme documentation is pretty sparse when it comes to any advice or recommendation regarding conflicts or load order. I'll keep dicking around with it.