Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wait I think stash organizer will do that? It seemed complicated so I haven’t messed with it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It's not really, just one of those things that are tougher to describe in words than to use.

It's been a while but you just use the VATS key to access Stash Organizer menus. The key will behave differently depending on whether you're pointing at a container or not.

You need to assign one container as a master for a cell. That's where you'll do stuff like auto-unload your inventory or have it auto-load you with your preferred loadout etc. Other containers will automatically receive stuff as you configure them to. So I had containers for ammo, food, etc.

Play with it, it's pretty intuitive once you figure out the initial setup. And it's really neat to be able to return to base, one click to unload stuff, another to load up again with the ammo, food, weapons you want to take with you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

v1ld posted:

It's not really, just one of those things that are tougher to describe in words than to use.

It's been a while but you just use the VATS key to access Stash Organizer menus. The key will behave differently depending on whether you're pointing at a container or not.

You need to assign one container as a master for a cell. That's where you'll do stuff like auto-unload your inventory or have it auto-load you with your preferred loadout etc. Other containers will automatically receive stuff as you configure them to. So I had containers for ammo, food, etc.

Play with it, it's pretty intuitive once you figure out the initial setup. And it's really neat to be able to return to base, one click to unload stuff, another to load up again with the ammo, food, weapons you want to take with you.

Thanks for the explanation. I took a few minutes to figure it out once I got all the containers at the house and now understand the mod is incredible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/84284

Someone looked at landscape overhaul mods and went into overdrive.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I wish they'd show some pictures of it without other mods. "Here's what my mod looks like with this ENB and these texture packs" doesn't tell me much

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I installed it and it's really well done. Highly recommend.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Trying to figure out what to mod after taking a long break; was chatting with my friend and it was like "Oh I have like a 100+ mods for it" and I'm just wondering how? For me I don't need too much fluff for the game or extra content. Something I do want is more better hairstyles, more music, and some environmental stuff. Kind of want to see a mod that cleans up the Strip so roads look nice and fixed up (tbh would be nice for most areas that are inhabited)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

achillesforever6 posted:

Trying to figure out what to mod after taking a long break; was chatting with my friend and it was like "Oh I have like a 100+ mods for it" and I'm just wondering how? For me I don't need too much fluff for the game or extra content. Something I do want is more better hairstyles, more music, and some environmental stuff. Kind of want to see a mod that cleans up the Strip so roads look nice and fixed up (tbh would be nice for most areas that are inhabited)

It's not a game that needs a hundred mods to make it good, but it's such a good game that people love it enough there's 100+ mods that are good.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
if you aren't adding mods until the roads start to have eyeball and teeth textures on them occasionally are you even really modding

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you start looking into texture replacers, model replacers, animation replacers, the mod count can very quickly balloon out of control, especially once you get down to the granular level where you have a couple of mods for each weapon and each critter in the game... I never found that necessary or even at all beneficial to the end experience, but the options for cosmetic tweaking of the game are pretty much limitless

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
thread title reminded me that frontier was getting a complete overhaul, except that project was cancelled months ago. but apparently another attempt at a rework was announced last month.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The last I heard from Rimmy Down Under the entire NCR quest was getting removed from the re-release of The Frontier. Now from what I saw the NCR quest was really poorly written fanfiction... but it was also the main quest of the mod and featured all of the insane setpieces like the tank battle and the vertibird assault. If they yank that out all you're going to have is an empty map.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

All we want is the car. I saw someone (MDCT on Twitch) play a game with mods suggested by a friend of theirs, and basically they cobbled together a way to have the car appear in game but one thing unremovable was this NCR ranger that was part of the Frontier mod that wouldn't shut up about The Courier👁️👄👁️ and how badass The Courier👁️👄👁️ was. They were marked essential and everything.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

if you aren't adding mods until the roads start to have eyeball and teeth textures on them occasionally are you even really modding

One time the sky texture in my game somehow got swapped with the teeth texture and the night sky were just red gums and pearly whites

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I was considering doing the whole Blue Moon guide, but I'm not sure.

I've downloaded and installed correctly the .esm/.bsa section, and both the general NVSE plugins and IStewieAl NVSE sections, and was working on downloading the bugfix section when my partner needed to do something to the router so I stopped for now.

I started doing Blue Moon because I wanted the graphics, but some of them seems excessive. Like the reflections. Might go a la cart after bugfixes and figure out how to make LODs for New Vegas - the Desert Landscapes mod looks cool for one, and that's def. not in Blue Moon.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I don't want to change the look of the game, the mods I change are all small gameplay tweaks except JSawyer. Mr. New Vegas' Secret Stash is a gamechanger, it adds a bunch of songs on the radio that they wanted to have but couldn't afford. Then I have mods that:

- Restore the NPCs that were cut for XBox 360 RAM reasons (Uncut Wasteland)
- Restore Cass' talkativeness (Cass barks)
- Let me fast travel directly to the NCR embassy (NCR Embassy Fast Travel)
- Remove the speech check numbers, so I have to read the speech check and figure out whether I'll pass it (Lexx No Dialog Tags)
- Make weapons sometimes jam while firing because I like the jam-clearing animations (Increased Weapon Jamming)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only visual mod (or rather collection of mods) I refuse to play without is vurt's flora, to emprettify the otherwise drab Mojave outdoors without clashing with the vanilla look.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Twincityhacker posted:

I was considering doing the whole Blue Moon guide, but I'm not sure.

I've downloaded and installed correctly the .esm/.bsa section, and both the general NVSE plugins and IStewieAl NVSE sections, and was working on downloading the bugfix section when my partner needed to do something to the router so I stopped for now.

I started doing Blue Moon because I wanted the graphics, but some of them seems excessive. Like the reflections. Might go a la cart after bugfixes and figure out how to make LODs for New Vegas - the Desert Landscapes mod looks cool for one, and that's def. not in Blue Moon.

I just finished Fallout 3 with the Wasteland Survival Guide mod set on the Steam Deck and was about to start New Vegas but I think I might wipe everything and start fresh with this. I’ll probably skip most of the graphical stuff, too.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

if you don't care about graphics then you probably want viva new vegas instead of blue moon

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chamale posted:

I don't want to change the look of the game, the mods I change are all small gameplay tweaks except JSawyer. Mr. New Vegas' Secret Stash is a gamechanger, it adds a bunch of songs on the radio that they wanted to have but couldn't afford. Then I have mods that:

- Restore the NPCs that were cut for XBox 360 RAM reasons (Uncut Wasteland)
- Restore Cass' talkativeness (Cass barks)
- Let me fast travel directly to the NCR embassy (NCR Embassy Fast Travel)
- Remove the speech check numbers, so I have to read the speech check and figure out whether I'll pass it (Lexx No Dialog Tags)
- Make weapons sometimes jam while firing because I like the jam-clearing animations (Increased Weapon Jamming)
I really want that secret stash but I'm so dumb in not understanding how the extended Radio New Vegas mod works; wish MO2 could just do everything for me lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PqR3T-XHLw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The things you didn't realize you needed and then you can't look away.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

For the longest time I thought it was my pc sucking.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It'll be a shame when some dev team poaches Stevie. Man's a machine.
e: Stewie? w/e

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/DeMickyD/status/1759258113243308127?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Beat me to it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/freddurst/status/1759312712377696652

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

nice

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Is there a modern version of this mod? I thought Stewie's Tweaks would have something that replicated this but it doesn't seem to exist there. I installed some quest mods and I wanted to increase the XP requirement to level up.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dreamsicle posted:

Is there a modern version of this mod? I thought Stewie's Tweaks would have something that replicated this but it doesn't seem to exist there. I installed some quest mods and I wanted to increase the XP requirement to level up.

Stewie's has "Scale Earned XP - scale all earned XP" under gameplay/balance tweaks, which results in the same thing but isn't the exact same change.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I used that original mod recently and it was totally fine.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

It's not a game that needs a hundred mods to make it good, but it's such a good game that people love it enough there's 100+ mods that are good.

:hai:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm tentatively thinking about reinstalling New Vegas again, along with the Viva New Vegas mod guide. However, I wanted to ask if any of the big quest mods/total conversions were worth checking out, since I haven't been keeping up with FNV mods.

I know The Frontier didn't turn out well, but I remember hearing some positive things about New California. I did a search for 'fnv total conversions' and found a couple that sounded interesting: Salt Lake Stories (which was described as being closer to the older Fallout games), and an upcoming one called Nuevo Mexico.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Salt Lake Stories is clunky as poo poo and unfinished but kind of interesting, worth touring through at least to see their decade-earlier car solution. New California is not good, nor is Frontier.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Salt Lake Stories is clunky as poo poo and unfinished but kind of interesting, worth touring through at least to see their decade-earlier car solution. New California is not good, nor is Frontier.

What was wrong with New California?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The beginning might trick you into thinking this game will be interesting but once you get out of the starter vault, the game is never on that level again. Also the ending is so dumb you'd think Bethesda wrote it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I did enjoy Frontier for, if nothing else, being a huge worldspace with a lot of ways to explore it. The car physics alone are magical for what they managed to do in this engine.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

What was wrong with New California?

Well, the term 'cum dumpster' is tossed out at one point so that should clue you in to the level of writing you're getting to experience

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jocks vs Nerds: The Mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Magmarashi posted:

Well, the term 'cum dumpster' is tossed out at one point so that should clue you in to the level of writing you're getting to experience

Ok that makes it a near certainty that somewhere in the script is the phrase "cock carousel"